:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

Fate of the B-Car

Pretty much confirmed now. This is the remains of the B-Car after the train smashed it to bits (with help of some cuts to the body)

Honolulu-DeLorean.jpg

A better question is, Why the hell is it hanging from the ceiling upsidedown!? :huh:

It's in Planet Hollywood Honolulu and, like any other PH, the props have to be in a visible spot, but allowing the costumers to eat; so, what other place to put a DeLorean than the ceiling?

Also, related to the confirmation: FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Is there a better day to die than being squished by a smashed prop? :P

I actually wondered, would the car become a pancake (like the minivan in Top Gear) or really fall to bits after a head-on collision with a train?

Wow, why didn't they just use one of the others they bought for part II and III, I mean who was the genius that decided it was the best move in the world to destory that car?

I think the prop department has something to do with it. There is a certain guy who keeps track of this stuff, and the director fills out a form for the executive producer of stuff needed on set (cars, license plates, suits, cameras, lights, even necklaces). At that point it was probably cheaper to smash that particular prop. (I am implying you should blame Spielberg :P)

Besides, the other two cars were probably in filming process during the filming of this scene. Remember, the scenes are not always filmed in the right order.

Edited by iMaster

Well, the thing is this.

There were two cars in the first movie (I'm not counting the C-car, which is the cutaway car)

Same two cars in the second movie, except they added two fiberglass models for the flying delorean (one got destroyed)

In the third movie, they bought two more deloreans and converted them to offroad vehicles, while the B-Car got changed to the railroad delorean. There was also another car they bought, which was the wheelie car. The A-car never got converted.

So they chose the B-Car over the wheelie delorean (also known as the Oxnard Delorean) to get smashed. The Oxnard Delorean now resides in USF as the theme park car (you can still see the mountings underneath they used for the wheelie)

Then it makes perfect sense. The wheelie car was probably harder to make than the normal rr-delo, so the prop department simply did not let them use this one. Pride, scary stuff.

So they chose the B-Car over the wheelie delorean (also known as the Oxnard Delorean) to get smashed. The Oxnard Delorean now resides in USF as the theme park car (you can still see the mountings underneath they used for the wheelie)

Yeah, the Wheelie Del is the one I got to sit in at USF

At least the b car was bolted roughly back together and is still in the public eye (or soup if a bit falls off) and not completely scrapped.

i saw two bttf 2 deloreans at universal studios LA when i was there in 2007. one was on the studio tour on display with some 2015 cars (including griffs) and some blade runner cop cars. the other i saw in a backlot parking lot near the backdraft ride.

wich cars were they?

the one on the studio tour is indeed the A car.

the backlot might have been a theme park car. What did it look like?

Heres one I saw at the london expo in october

PICT0566.jpg

13543_180820705961_717470961_386440.jpg

PICT0568.jpg

Only trouble its covered in props. And has some strange extra pipes on top

And its got the wrong bonnet

Edited by Dave27

I can name a bunch of things wrong with it as well.

Coils have wrong fasteners

Front flux box wrong shape and color

Wire along the side too thin/not plentiful

Driverside cooling plate is wrong

Red capacitors wrong layout

extra coily wires not supposed to be there

hockey pucks wrong shape

missing a wire in front of the red capacitors

vents wrong shape

vent hoses completely wrong

vent hoses don't go around the outside

missing tank behind driver's seat on the rear deck

rear wires underneath the car wrong

steel mesh holding the wires underneath the door is not big enough and too long.

speedometer is on the wrong side of the dashboard.

and thats all I can tell from a quick glance.

I believe that one is now down at Beaulieu motor museum, certainly it was there when I visited a few weeks ago, a very poor bttf conversion, lacks serious details, and accuracy is lacking on almost all the parts.

I don't think an average person minds that...

but thats like taking coke and replicating it but instead of CO2, it uses NO2 and it uses chocolate instead of caramel for flavoring.