Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis Delorean in SA

Tirido sent Blue the model, if you had bothered to read the topic on the crysis forum properly then you would have seen that.

your brother Delorean88us

your dead brother Delorean88us :P

the funny thing is that he thinks its him, yet the account shares my name and sig.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I think a kindergartner can tell that its the same person.

I knew that the SA Del was not to scale, but it looks pretty close.

The problem with it is, its too flat (Hightwise), but the perfect width. And the Crysis del is to thin (widthwise), but the right hight. If you somehow mixed the two together, then the final product would either be perfect, or a total disaster :lol:

I probably am biased cause I've only ever used the VC/SA del. But I can interpret from the pics you posted of the Crysis del, and if you think my opinion is tainted in any way, post some 'face-on' pics of it! ;)

I'll post 3ds pics when I have the time, showing the two outermost vertices in height and width, then comparing them to the actual dimensions of the car.

Remember, it could be GTA screwing with the screen, which I think it is in my case. I think widescreen in gta meant 16:9, not 16:10 like my monitor has, so that might be why it squished (non-widescreen is 4:3, or 16:12)

Nope, not at all. If you post a widescreen pic my monitor shows it as widescreen, if you show a 4:3, 16:9, 16:10 pic, its seen as that size, cause they are the dimentions of the pic! My monitor can't change that. ;)

And if you mean ingame the del is shown as squashed, then that means the VC/SA del is even fatter than I thought! :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

Ahh cool the crisis Delorean! What would THAT look like in GTA 4? Better? Same? Also just thought I'd throw this out there but the only reason I bought Crisis was for the Delorean mod.

So just like...10 minutes ago, I decided to readd the time travel stuff to the Crysis Delorean (removed them in case they caused a crash), and decided to take a spin using our delorean's effects. They surprisingly line up quite well, though not exactly in some places (*cough* side coils *cough*)

P.S. I'm avoiding night for a reason :P

gta_sa2009-12-1421-21-16-11.png

gta_sa2009-12-1421-21-47-64.png

gta_sa2009-12-1421-21-55-77.png

Hmm, look at how off that side coil is. I wonder, what is the angle on the actual delorean....And those wheels spokes really need to cast shadows. Stupid engine. No wonder It was textured in ours. At least the front coil should be rather easy to fix.

ooo boy, hard to tell. The crysis delorean has a kink a the bottom that wasn't there, but the angle at the rear is a lot closer than hours, not to mention the bracket spacing.

One more thing to note. Our flux boxes in the front are a tad bit too small.

I do like our textures more, but I can forgive Crysis for that since it has the engine to give it the upper edge there (but not here). Both deloreans also look squished...but I think thats because of R*'s shoddy widescreen code.

I'll fix the transparency and shadow issues some other time.

it does look pretty awesome. i support your efforts 100%. :thumbs:

at least one of them. The issue I see most people talk about is the textures.

If it used some of our textures (I would leave the interior alone for instance), then it would be the perfect car for a game like VC and SA that doesn't have the power like Crysis does.

it looks sharper than the original. if it did have all custom gta textures it would be like a hd delorean.

correction, hd delorean for games without normals/advanced shaders/full shadow mapping.

The stainless steel looks a hell lot better in Crysis then it does here, and thats because of the shaders it uses.

yeah, well perhaps i should have said a helluva lot more detailed ;)

but it would not look good in Crysis if it was detailed that way. If it were textured that way in Crysis, it would make the delorean look like someone went drawing on it.

I think the problem with the original SA one is that it's a converted version of the VC one. Now if carlos would make one especially for SA (ie: higher poly-count) it would look great.

Its actually a converted version of the VC version which was a converted version of the NSF4 one which was a conversion of the MM2 one.

Ok, I know the exterior is rather debatable between both cars, but the interior.....hands down, Crysis has the upper edge on everything inside (ignore the decals glitching. I need to fix that as well.)

gta_sa2009-12-1423-28-09-96.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-28-40-28.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-28-53-88.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-29-10-41.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-29-36-15.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-29-51-33.png

gta_sa2009-12-1423-37-32-54.png

I'm still waiting for the day Carlos scratchbuilds the deloreans. And ugh at that keypad blending in with the other plastics in the car. Needs a color change anyway. Either way, its interior is more spot on than ours, though not without its flaws. At least none of them are major like the back shelf in ours.