Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis Delorean in SA

Here you go. Once I get the alphas in, I'll work on the effects, which is just minor positioning of the current ones. Ignore the shadow. Thats our shadow mesh (Crysis doesn't need one, hence why I'm using ours). Then the lights after that. Still WIP, but it looks very pretty <333

gta_sa2009-12-1322-42-14-77.png

gta_sa2009-12-1322-42-20-70.png

gta_sa2009-12-1322-42-24-57.png

One more picture of what Crysis can't do (yet)

gta_sa2009-12-1323-02-39-89.png

Sorry about the windows. I haven't had a chance to work on alphas for it totally yet.

The texture of the delorean's body doesn't look right. doesn't have that polished stainless steel look.

I know, I know, WIP...

Edited by Joe Statler

I rather like the interior, but I can't show that yet. I haven't applied alphas to a few decals, so theres some flickering going on in there.

yeah, sue the SA engine for that. Crysis had better ways to make stuff look like stainless steel, so the textures were not made to look like stainless steel. I mean, come on. How can we compete with this?

x243_2s14f.png

so the only way to make it look like stainless steel is to play around with the reflections or make new textures that it textured like ours.

it does look awesome, yet slighty stumpy. like its not long enough.

EDIT: prob just the angles.

Nice doors!

Is it my eyes though, or is the interior the wrong colour? Black instead of the correct grey?

The bonnet needs grooves too :P

Yeah, I mentioned that to him.

Grooves, I need to check the Crysis model. I'm not sure if he did them, or had normals for it. (Thats one thing I was not able to add to this delorean, which was the normals map)

EDIT: Yeah, no grooves on there either. Oh well, I mentioned that too.

Looks more like the Team Fortress 2 version of the DeLorean than an improved version of the SA DeLorean with those textures (never knew TF2 graphics is possible in SA lol). It needs some texture changing. Also, does this DeLorean make the game lag a lot?

Speaking of which, you should keep that version of the DeLorean as the "Team Fortress 2-style DeLorean". :lol:

Lookin good. Cant wait until its release in sa or GTVIV (fingers crossed). Hopefully the new version of sa mod will have new features (or more from VC) cos ive finshed the main game. :roll:

It does't cause any noticible lag for me on my laptop.

Angelo, keep in mind that I only did textures. I used none of the normal mappings nor the speculars for the delorean. I will add the speculars though. Normals are not possible in the ancient engine.

Actually, I'll attempt to add the speculars and see how much the txd can hold before it explodes.

Reflections are SA's reflections, which admittedly are not that great. Oh well.

IV's reflections on the other hand should be better.

Can't wait to see the effects on this model, maybe it'll give you the motivation to finish the sparks ;)

I don't like the crysis del, it looks a lot like viperkings del, its not wide enough either (they obviously had widescreen on in Crysis for the vids and screens).

I think the word I'm looking for is FUGLY :P

Well, since you are pointing it out, I don't think our Del is to scale.

You want some pleasing don't you, don't like the Del in IV, don't like this Del in SA, what do ya like? :P

Totally right, our del is not to scale.

People don't like change, remember?

I agree that it doesn't look that great as it can, but thats due to a bunch of missing shaders that, in our model, was "incorporated" into the textures, and I say that in quotes because shaders weren't available back then.

Btw, if you say the SA delorean sucks, you're also saying the VC delorean sucks because they're the same exact model. The only thing that changed (besides the mesh errors) was reflection/specular levels. Thats it. Other then that, its the VC delorean that you grew up to love. If you reconverted it back to VC (again ignoring the mesh errors) I doubt you'd complain.

Having said that, you're biased orgcon.

Which is the same reason Liam incorporates shades into his model textures, to compensate for VC's non-existant shader (assume this also applies to SA since it's the same engine)

also if you want the crysis del to look norm (if the final model isnt to your liking) change the aspect on the graphic settings to match. I did it accidently on mine with the current version of SA and the del looked 8' wide

or maybe orgcon was like me and never enabled widescreen for the longest time in VC.

When I did, I thought the del was too skinny, lol.

Did you get permission from the author of the Crysis Delorean to convert it?

Blue, I know your brother Delorean88us is a member at the crysis forum and friend of the author, but did you get permission?