:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

GTA under Linux

And I was thinking of switching to Ubuntu. Looks like I'll have to stick to 7 for now.

Dual boot ftw ;) Though I'm now finding that i'm using Windows less and less.

my amazingness must be that great XD

i like that pic

Edited by Rave

Hey, applause to you, Mike :P. You now made me wanna try some Ubuntu derivate on my desktop as well (on my spare 10GB of my laptop I already managed to get a dual boot of microXP and Lubuntu squeezed, the WLAN however works less stable in the Linux - no idea why).

Probably due to no driver support Mini-me.

Would it be good to triple boot Ubuntu, OSX, and Win7?

Well, the WLAN card works, but for some time only. After 10 minutes it disconnects and fails to connect again.

Just use VirtualBox so you can run Linux in a Windows environment for those of you who don't want to give up Windows but want to try Linux.

I only do dual boot if it is really necessary and if I can give each OS a special purpose, i.e. having Mac OS X as OS for everyday stuff and Windows as a gaming OS.

I'm currently using Windows as my mainstream OS (everyday stuff and gaming) and Linux Mint as my portable OS (I kind of hate using somebody else's OS).

It's completely perfect on Linux Mint 9 (Linux Mint - Ubuntu + Codecs). I'm using Wine 1.2 RC7.

Bad 71KR117, no DOUBLE POST, read the rules!

Hi, I was trying to run GTA under Linux but I have a problem with the controls. I tried 3 different distro, Ubuntu, Arch Linux, and now Sabayon(gentoo based), but in all of them I have the same problem. As you can see in the video, Tommy\Marty moves in circles like down and right keys are pressed but I don't press them!!If I press up or left key, the direction changes, and if I press up and left together Tommy\Marty stops. I tried to change the controls configuration but continues to move in circles. How that is possible??Someone had this same problem?

th_movie_01_01.jpg

unplug the keyboard when you start the game. if it stops then it's the keyboard. also, make sure to have classic controls set.

Please note, I am not a linux user :P

No, it isn't the keyboard, I unplugged it when the game started but Tommy\Marty still moves in circles!!It's weird!But now I think that is a problem of the emulator.

Seeing there's no tutorial mission I guess you use the "developers build". If so, Try if removing the d3d8.dll from the game directory fixes this problem.

No, it is the 0.2e version!!I used the R2 installation file!Now that you remind me, you're right, the tutorial mission there isn't. This is another strange thing! However I will try to delete the d3d8.dll file.

You were right, it is not the 0.2e. I messed up with the installation files, and by mistake I installed the "developers build", as you said.