:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

GTA under Linux

It works......at least stock installs. And it loads a hell lot faster too. SA usually takes about 15 seconds to load. In Linux...less then one second O_O

I think it gets better fps. Now if only the mod worked <<

I did test on VC as well, and that was a lot smoother then Windows, and loaded a lot faster as well, but then again, the mod doesn't work on it either.

Screenshot-Default-Winedesktop.png

EDIT: spoke too soon. CLEO works. I'm guessing its something else, maybe the SA_limits thats breaking it.

EDIT2: Its the sound library, which was already sorta broken in Windows....

EDIT3: At least the non-sound stuff works...mostly

Screenshot-Default-Winedesktop-1.png

I think I'm done here. Linux would work fine if you were playing a stock game, but mods don't like it quite yet.

All I get when I run SA under WINE is a black screen with solid white tabs for the menu, if I try to run the game, it crashes. Any tips?

Yes, but it looks as though the graphics issue mentioned there is for Intel video cards. Which I don't have.

There needs to be no release, just run it with Wine.

..right?

Oi, Hummer, your siggy's too big

Wow, I really do sound like someone else, don't I

@Mike: sorry, but it looked like you did in the first moment.

@RG: if my signature is too big, yours is too oversized. :P

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

Umm, up to 4 lines of text or up to 4 images as long as they aren't bigger than 550x150px in total.

hey, nobody has ever complained and suddenly YOU do. If you have a problem, then tell me straight away.

Oh, and before I forget: When I once talked to Mini-Me on MSN about my signature, he said that it is just fine.

So you DON'T have a point when you say it's too big.

I'm just saying what is said in the rules, that's all... Is it really normal if the text in signature takes more space than the actual post?

well, let's say it that way: if YOUR signature was text and as much as the size of your pic, and if you post just a few words, then I'd say yes, there's more text in the signature than in the post.

and now I don't want to hear anything else about my signature, because we're already getting too far :offtopic:!!

No you are simply afraid of getting proved wrong, but fine

works fine on ubuntu for me

Yeah because girls totally dig linux right ;)

no... i prefer 7 you never asked if i like it , i use it because it's cool looking , i'd be happy without a pc i really don't care , caz i'm not n3rdy like some of u