:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA IV DeLorean Test Drive

well mike then you probably don't remember me telling you. The proper texture to use for the reflections can't be used. so this is the best we can get. remember what I told you about the mapping? the mapping can't be changed without changing the mapping for the original texture as they are applied in layers. that's what cause those mesh errors remember?

You hear that? That's the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

You're really gonna make me go out and by this stupid game again for the PC, aren't you? @_@

Man, I'm Also Clinically Diagnosed with Obsessive compulsive disorder (seriously) and when I saw that the delorean was converted for gta iv, I actually used all my christmas money, and with the help of some friends and some existing parts I had laying around, BUILT a PC to RUN GTA IV, then actually went on Amazon bought gta iv, I worked on the computer for like a week, waited for gta iv, I finally have gta iv... and now I am excited. Best purchase I have made in a LONG time. keep up the good work! (I know Im crazy) hahaha, OCD can be a burden, but If I didn't have it, I wouldn't get what I wanted to do done. haha :lol:

Well, I've decided to wait, yes I'm serious I'll wait.

Well, now just wondering, how did yo put it in the game, I mean what tools.

You have made a useless post. You probably had no choice but to wait. DK is no longer here to answer that question.

well can darth vader continue with DK's GTA4 BTTF mod?, that is the question, and the video looks too....black and white, was it done on an overcast day?

well DRAGON KING, if that is your real name!, lol, any progress, me and mike were having a convo on msn about trying to remove the reflections. well,have you tried: open vehicles.img and then edit the vehshare.wtd file. in the wtd file you should without much searching find a texture full of white, grey and black noisy dots all over it. try to make that plain white instead, and the bad metallic effect should be gone.

well whatever texture your using for the reflections, make completely white or black, it should work

EDIT: why arnt you removing the reflections, the delorean doesnt look right, remember the delorean is sanded down stainless steel, it doesnt have a good reflection, more like a blured light reflection

Edited by BTTF Forever

Because removing reflections will make it look totally daft.

well, look at the plutonim lid, it looks like there i no texture, just white, maybe because it was the time of day, but normaly whe i see screenshots of GTA 4, they are full of colour, and the shinnyness of the cars look brilliant in screenshots, why did you record the video on an overcast day in the game instead of a sunny day?

Because I didn't want to wait for a sunny day. I didn't know my video was deleted. Which it wasn't..... weird. Anyways here it is again:

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

have you seen the delorean on a sunny day in game yet?, i bet it will look beutiful!

EDIT: why did you repost the video on this page, if people asked, you could have directed them to the 7th or 8th page, where you first said you got it back up

Edited by BTTF Forever

id like to see a screenshot of what it looks like in day!

beautifully lit i guess it would look like!

EDIT: no i dont think its cloudy all the time, but hey, thats NY!......I MEAN Liberty City LOL

Edited by BTTF Forever

It's not cloudy in NY, it's just that there's so many large buildings that the city is under a big shadow XD

Edited by Joe Statler

yeah, it is cool, still a little colorless, maybe cause im used to VC, with all that grass and stuff, can you take it someware more colourfull ike near the ocean or grass or something?