:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LinkandShiek

The Tutorial

Guest LinkandShiek

What if the tutorial mission were a dream and then marty gets woken up by his mom in 1955?

Because there was no tutorial in Back to the Future, lol. And actually a tutorial is kinda cheesy, but remember in the finished version it will throw you straight into the game without knowing anything and tell you stuff as you go.

Marty also didn't knew how to handle the timemachine ;).

He told him the technical stuff, how to activate the timecircuits and inputing the time works, but that's it ;).

But he e.g. didn't exactly tell him how to refuel .

He told him the technical stuff, how to activate the timecircuits and inputing the time works, but that's it ;).

But he e.g. didn't exactly tell him how to refuel .

Yea, he didn't tell him, he showed him. XD

Well, to me that looked like he needs some special way how to open the "reactor door" or to place the bottle/glas the plutonium is in.

But an other argument: He didn't show him how to use the hover conversion, ha!

Marty probably saw which buttons Doc was pressing to activate hover mode, and any kid who have played video games would know how to fly a plane(the way how steer and pedals probably worked for DeLorean). Ha. :P

Edited by RG

Which I've said before, I always thought that the manual stick shift morphed into an engine control, like in a regular passenger jet.

And remember, in 1985 they really didn't have flight simulators. At least nothing like we have today.

Edited by Joe Statler

The dels got 3 pedals so clutch and brake for left and right yaw the accelerator pedal could still boost the car forward. It would be ackward to turn right and go faster mind.

Hand brake as vertical throttle like a helicopter plus the steering wheel would need an extra ball joint at the top to control pitch. Just think how complicated the driving test in the future will be.

Also the gears wouldnt be needed as all the engine does is help recharge the battery unless Mr fusion does all the work.

I always thought that the delorean's steering wheel acted as a yoke during flying, instead of having the handbrake be used as two things.

Pitch would be automatically controlled by an onboard computer. The act of moving the steering wheel back and forth is to tell the computer the intentions of going up or down, and depending on the speed, it will either pitch, or not pitch.

and depending on the speed, it will either pitch, or not pitch.

Kind of like FLUBBER, where the accelerator (faster you go) will cause you to gain altitude. If I remember correctly.

Edited by Joe Statler

Exactly, but to whoever mentioned the buttons, there are a ton of different buttons and switches on the Overhead Console, and they're on a pyramid shape facing the driver, it'd be nearly impossible for someone in the passenger seat to tell what buttons were pushed, plus if you look, after Doc pushes the buttons he drops the DeLorean into a gear, possibly which activates the actual conversion process.

Off-Topic:

I'd use every control in the DeLorean as any other car (I think a flying car has to be controlled exactly as a ground one -hence the term flying CAR-), and then, add pitch, roll, yaw and altitude -without changing pitch- to the steering wheel: Pushing In and pulling Out controls Pitch, pushing Up and Down controls Altitude, turning Left and Right controls Roll, pushing Left and Right control Yaw. That way, you wouldn't have to add any other buttons, levers or pedals (LOL @ the BTTF.com thread) to the mixture, making it easy to use and still mantaing the drivability of a car; also, these movements are intuitive and could help you avoid a colission with a flying taxi cab coming straight at you.

I know we never saw Doc pushing or pulling the steering wheel, but I don't think Chris Lloyd was thinking on flying a plane when he was acting.

On-Topic:

Actions are really self-explanatory. Instructions will only be shown the first time you use a feature, kinda like 0.2D.

oh yea, gear 1,2,3,4,5(OD), R, and F

or for automatic, P, R, F, D, 2, 1 (some have a 3 before the 2).

Edited by Joe Statler

if you're talking about actual cars, the numbers on the automatics stand for the the gear number, like on a manual, but its more of a limiter. So a 5 gear automatic would have D 4 3 2 1.

As for manuals, no cars today have a gear labeled OD. Thats considered to be the last gear nowadays. And there is no F gear. Thats what all the numbered gears are. Theres only one reverse gear, so thats why there is an R

if you're talking about actual cars, the numbers on the automatics stand for the the gear number, like on a manual, but its more of a limiter. So a 5 gear automatic would have D 4 3 2 1.

No sh*t. Well mine's a 3 gear auto so it's like what I mentioned. And I have seen 3 gear autos have the 3 gears and D. On those the D, is just used to automatically change gears and really doesn't represent the 3rd gear.

As for manuals, no cars today have a gear labeled OD. Thats considered to be the last gear nowadays. And there is no F gear. Thats what all the numbered gears are. Theres only one reverse gear, so thats why there is an R

I added the "F" for the flying circuits. But yea, no car of today, but my dad's truck does but then it's a '92 F-150 in peak condition. But yea the diagram on his truck's gear shift says, 1-2-3-4-OD-R.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this