Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
marti

0.2f All cars flying anim

Hi I have question: why in back to the future hill valley when i fly on np dmc 13 no time machine this car no have animation flying and other cars why no have.

Can Mod team add this ?

Adding like new anim to every car would eat up all coding space available, I guess

Adding like new anim to every car would eat up all coding space available, I guess

well, the problem is not only the coding space. the flying versions of the BTTF2 DeLorean and the Time Train replace helicopters. There are at least two more helicopter versions, but as I read in another topic, the mod team won't replace them because they have onboard weapons, and replacing those helicopters with flying cars would cause more crashes I guess.

Besides, it's possibly impossible to add new helicopters to VC.

Exactly. All animations require a lot of code -the heli slot is required for the flying system-. Only the "hero" vehicles will have animations.

What Carlos said.

@cj_o_hummer:

It is indeed impossible to add more than 3 new vehicles to VC, but it is possible to make an helicopter of a regular car.

@Blue:

Can't you disable the weapons through memory hacking? At least Delfi's Dev console can do that ;).

...@cj_o_hummer:

It is indeed impossible to add more than 3 new vehicles to VC, but it is possible to make an helicopter of a regular car...

so would it be possible to create different .img files for different times, and different main.scm's for different times, so in 2015 it would have its own .scm and .img file full of "helicopters" they don't have to have animation.

Woah, that would've been overkill.

Well, it makes it clear for those who come up with this idea in the future, doesn't it?

Anyway, even if that were possible, the switching would take quite an amount of time, which would ruin the gameplay.

Yep. I'm afraid that also happens when timetravelling once the map's in :(.

Sign in to follow this