:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

BTTF Hill Valley - Version 0.2e Release 2 - Auto Installer

No idea. I would do a fresh install to begin with, then install the mod using the R2 installer. If you still have issues post your install_log.txt

Always use the game executable that is shipped with the mod!

All versions till 0.2d did not change much models, only the cars. For these versions no limit edits needed to be made, but 0.2e actually needs these!

This e.g. explains why it crashed halfway through the loafing bar for FUDT.

@Mike:

Yep, I spoke from my own experience when I suggested that idea ;).

Huh? I have no idea what you just said... I did everything by the book. GTA was uninstalled from a previous load, when i needed more hard drive space. I then reinstalled the game from scratch. And immediately installed the mod from the release version 2. It worked fine, until i drove out of Vercetti mansion in the Delorean for the tutorial mission. Since then, it wont even get to the Loading bar. I have not done anything to edit the mod as of yet. I posted the Install Log in the above post. Can anyone help me?

Hi.

I tried a couple of times to install the mod on Windows 7 32b, and It keeps showing a message that It can't write the VC.exe. When I tried to manually erase it before installing the mod, it worked, but then the game freezes after getting the BTTF II delorean, just as it did with the previous release. I mean it doesn't crash, just can't do anything else than going to the main menu and starting a new game again.

Could be a video problem? I have a ATI RAdeon 3400 series video card.

Sorry about my bad english, but I'm writing this in a hurry.

Thanks

Try if it helps to unset the read-only protection from VC's whole folder.

@Luikseer: I wasn't talking to you specifically, this was a general tip to all seeing that FUTD wasn't real clever in that matter :P.

Hi.

I tried a clean install and chenged the "read only" on the folder and it runs well now, just keep asking to insert the CD. I tried to replace the vc.exe with the one from the previous release, just to chek, and it still ask for the CD. How can I fix it?

Thanks for the tips.

Well I did... But nobody seems to want to help me

The install log checks out, there is no reason why it shouldn't work...

Depending on what your operating system is it could be an issue with UAC, though I've tested the installer on XP, Vista, and Windows 7, and it installed fine on all of them. What you could try though, is reinstall VC, but install it to C:\GTA VC\ and then install the mod to the same location and see if that makes any difference.

I download and installed my pc a cople of days ago again, and it works great whit this installer on my PC! Great job! ^_^

The install log checks out, there is no reason why it shouldn't work...

Depending on what your operating system is it could be an issue with UAC, though I've tested the installer on XP, Vista, and Windows 7, and it installed fine on all of them. What you could try though, is reinstall VC, but install it to C:\GTA VC\ and then install the mod to the same location and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks Mike, I'll try that... For a while there I thought maybe it was because it wasn't the right OS. I'm using Vista so after it didn't work the first time I tried making it run with XP compatability Still didn't work. I'll try that though...