:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

BTTF Hill Valley - Version 0.2e Release 2 - Auto Installer

I'm curious, looks like there have been a few downloads of the new installer and I wanted to get some feedback on it, hopefully it should install everything perfectly which should negate the need for a separate sfx + models download.

The new installer was tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 64-bit - the latter two having User Account Control turned on, and it installed without a single problem.

its fine i found no problem with it

EDIT: I am using Vista

ANOTHEREDIT: Thats not funny copying me BooMario <_<

Edited by gtabttffan

when i install i select gta vice city directory i get full install more

if i open vice city start original game :mellow:

help me please, tnx :D

ps: i am using win xp

for gtabttffan I Dont Copy you D=

Edited by BooMario

tnx for all, i only try install in clean Vice city and worked fine =)

now i have other problem

if i get in pink marker later equip DMC13 Time machine my all pc crash :angry:

Worked fine on XP

Worked fine on 7 until it came to audext.exe, where it froze for 5+ minutes, now it slowly extracts everything else

It shouldn't crash, the missions etc were tested before uploading the new installer and all passed successfully....

What happens if you skip the tutorial?

Worked fine on 7 until it came to audext.exe, where it froze for 5+ minutes, now it slowly extracts everything else

Depends on the speec of the machine, if you try the old auto installer the audext should display for a similar amount of time. That is the reason I added the message to the installer informing people that it will take a few minutes to install. The installation of the sfx files is the longest part of the install.

Worked fine on XP

i leave 2 minutes to install all game, this part leave 1.5 min...

Installed fast and easy. Runs great with no issues for me. Using it on a Windows 7 OS.

works great better than it did before no crashes at all :D

Does it? :unsure: It shouldn't be any different, since it's just an amalgamation of the previous 0.2e release and the updates to it.

Just means he was sticking with the first release of 0.2e..?

this auto installer is pretty good. i also had no problems on windows xp media center edition sp 3. =)

very good the auto installer, it takes me to install anything, just 2 minutes

I don't know what the problem is with my computer. I installed VC with the radio stations, so I wouldn't have to use the disc, although I kept in the machine just in case. And then I installed the full mod using your second release package. I restarted my comp so everything would be cool. And then i clicked on the icon. The game loaded all the way to the menu, and then I clicked "New Game". And the gamed started. I let it go to tutorial mission. And ran over to the Del. Got in, drove down to the street. Got maybe halfway to the bridge to the mainland, and the game crashed. And now everytime I try to play it crashes right after i click "New Game". What do I do?

And keep in mind, I have never had any major problems with the game before on this comp, which is a Lenovo laptop with Vista, 2 GB of RAM. and a celeron processor.

I'm on windows 7 x64, I used a clean vc w/o radio stations installed. First time I installed the game would crash halfway through the loading bar. I ran the auto installer again and game loaded but no hill valley (No clocktower etc, just the cinema road with no buildings). Ran installer again and it freezes on bar again: install_log here. So basically seems a bit hit or miss here.

EDIT: Loading issue seems to be to do with cracked exe I was using. Dont know about hill valley issue yet.

Edited by FUTD

This maybe your issue, looks like it failed to delete 3 models from gta3.img

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\BTTF\models>imgedcmd gta3.img /d blimp_day.dff blimp_night.dff dt_blimp.txd 

GTA Command Line IMG Editing Tool 1.0

=====================================

by KCow, based on ImgEd by Dan

Program Status

--------------

SUCCESS: Archive Opened Successfully

SUCCESS: Delete Mode Selected

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: blimp_day.dff

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: blimp_night.dff

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: dt_blimp.txd

SUCCESS: Archive Closed Successfully

If you manually delete those 3 files it should work.

Mini-Me did say the install log would come in handy :P

Edit - it shouldn't be the .exe since ours is a no-cd version anyway.

Edit Edit - If I was you I would reinstall VC and this time do a full install, meaning install the radio stations too, and then try installing the mod again. I can send you blank radio station files if you don't want to keep the radio stations on your hard drive.

Edited by Mike

This maybe your issue, looks like it failed to delete 3 models from gta3.img

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\BTTF\models>imgedcmd gta3.img /d blimp_day.dff blimp_night.dff dt_blimp.txd 

GTA Command Line IMG Editing Tool 1.0

=====================================

by KCow, based on ImgEd by Dan

Program Status

--------------

SUCCESS: Archive Opened Successfully

SUCCESS: Delete Mode Selected

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: blimp_day.dff

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: blimp_night.dff

ERROR: Not Found In Archive: dt_blimp.txd

SUCCESS: Archive Closed Successfully

If you manually delete those 3 files it should work.

Mini-Me did say the install log would come in handy :P

Edit - it shouldn't be the .exe since ours is a no-cd version anyway.

Edit Edit - If I was you I would reinstall VC and this time do a full install, meaning install the radio stations too, and then try installing the mod again. I can send you blank radio station files if you don't want to keep the radio stations on your hard drive.

Im aware of that now :). I shall fire up img editor, it might be failing to delete them because they already where removed in previous install?

EDIT: They where removed, still no hill valley. I will try on virgin install seeing as ive run the installer so many times now.

Edited by FUTD

Possibly yes. Give it a try reinstalling.

I trust you are only using the R2 installer on not any of the 0.2e files which were released before it?

What do you think is wrong with mine? It worked the first time, crashed as i drove the del out for the Tutorial mission, and ever since thin, i can't get it to the load screen after i hit start new game.