Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTF Forever

Mac...

i was just wondering if it would be possible to create mac version of this for someone. the thing is i dont remember vc being released for mac, correct me if im wrong. im sure there are alot of people with macs out there who desperately want this mod.

Would it ever be possible...

If you've surfed around the forums a bit more, you'd know Mac users can run Windows programs, including this mod, or Windows itself via a Mac visualization software named Parallels Desktop. It works just like PearPC (its Windows counterpart), only less buggy and more convenient to use.

Parallels_Desktop_5.jpg

iMaster, one of the very few Mac users here, uses Parallels Desktop to play both the VC and SA versions of the mod, and the two games themselves obviously.

I just installed a lite version of XP and SA and VC mods run seamlessly. Give it a try.

1-50.png

Edited by bluespace88

WOW, looks like it works perfectly, i dont have a mac myself but my friend has, ill let him know that he can use Parallels Desktop to run lots of windows programs. there is another thing, my xp crashed and im now running Ubuntu 9.04. any ways, i found a program called WineHQ, which allows you to run windows programs on linux. tried running GTA III, ULTIMATE LAGGGGGG!!, 1 frame per second! so do you know of any other programs? Sorry i didn't search around the forums a bit more! :P

Go and get the OEM disk if you want XP. Ubuntu is probably one of the best Linux OS's to come out (IMO), except for red hat, you just don't like it because it doesn't do what you want it to.

Edited by Joe Statler

WOW, looks like it works perfectly, i dont have a mac myself but my friend has, ill let him know that he can use Parallels Desktop to run lots of windows programs. there is another thing, my xp crashed and im now running Ubuntu 9.04. any ways, i found a program called WineHQ, which allows you to run windows programs on linux. tried running GTA III, ULTIMATE LAGGGGGG!!, 1 frame per second! so do you know of any other programs? Sorry i didn't search around the forums a bit more! :P

1. That program is called wine. WineHQ is just the site.

2. Linux is a good os, you clearly don't understand it. - Or are over opinionated.

3. WineHQ has an "appdb" to show tricks and compatibility. Gta 3 apparently runs 100% fine with some patches: see this.

Please research before coming to a conclusion on things in future.