Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Flux Capacitor

Flux's time travel edits ;)

That looks neat, any way I could get my hands on it... it all looks so good, what's your secret?

yeah, i didn't feel like lying about speed, and seeing how there were only two times when the effects popped in at 88 mph (first experiment, clocktower), i decided to do it the way that we have right now, which still isn't accurate, but the movies too inconsistent.

Just so you know how I settled in on that....I only used scenes where the speed is known.

88 mph effects

-First experiment (I)

-Clocktower (I)

<88mph effects

-Marty to 1955 (I)

-Marty and Doc to 1985A (II)

-Marty to 1885 (III)

-Marty on railroad back to 1985 (III)

And honestly, I think having it the way it is now is better, because think about the railroad scene and what would happen if the effects didn't come on until 88 mph....

:lol: it would have been in the ravine if it took 6 seconds for the wormhole to open per the first experiment.

88 mph effects

-First experiment (I)

-Clocktower (I)

<88mph effects

-Marty to 1955 (I)

-Marty to 1885 (III)

just a little correction:

88 mph effects

-First experiment (I)

-Marty to 1955 (I)

-Clocktower (I)

<88mph effects

-Marty to 1955 (I)

-Marty to 1885 (III)

I have to know because I rewatched BTTF2 yesterday in the evening and BTTF1 today in the morning.

If you were focusing on just the pictures, then yes. However, if you listen to the sounds, you can hear the effects sound come in below 88 mph.

Also, if you noticed, both those times you mentioned, the delorean time traveled once it hit 88 mph, and did not wait x seconds before it did.

Also of interest is when Marty goes to 1955. Recall that the Delorean didn't time travel until it hit 88 mph, and recall Marty was in panic mode and it was his first time going in a time machine, so its extremely doubtful he would maintain 88 mph, especially when he was trying to gun for 90mph. Now recall the end of the movie. The coils lit up for a good few seconds, and then the wormhole for about a second before the Delorean time traveled while Marty was still trying to hit 90 mph. That also tells me the effects should start before 88 mph.

@Mike: I was trying to make it work like that, but alas, it won't work for me.

@Ziero: I adjusted the speed and used DK's :SPDMTR edit to work it like this.

not want to be nosy but

there will be some opcode for the flux's time travel?

i d say wormhole should start to open at 85 and coils light up at 80

I think they should both be 2 seconds later but it has to tt on 88 'cept of course while waiting to hit the wire on bttf 1.

I think they should both be 2 seconds later but it has to tt on 88 'cept of course while waiting to hit the wire on bttf 1.

you know how you accelerate from 0 and when you hit 80 the speedometer goes slower and the time travel effects start, well why cant you change the speedometer settings so when you hit 80, it actually reads 88 and doesn't go higher, and then the cars speed goes 81 82 83 84 85.......ect, but the speedo is still on 88, so when you hit 88 you are in fact going 80 and speeding up. if you do it this way, it wont take long for the car to hit 88, so in fact it should take the same amount of time to hit 88

do you understand what i mean?

Edited by BTTF Forever

No Because

-BTTF3 people are going to complain about their scenes being messed up.

-I don't like to lie about speed

-Produces even more unrealistic accelerations

1.oh ok, theres no way to customise that to each vehicle is there?

2. how do you know that the actual speed in the game is 88?

3. yeah i guess so

Edited by BTTF Forever

because you can hear the engine pitch increase between 80-88.

Really, I don't mind Flux editing it, and I think its cool. I just don't want to change the current way as I'm happy with it. Its still true to the movies. And makes more sense then the 88mph effects drama.

I keep it practical

not dramatic.

because you can hear the engine pitch increase between 80-88

no, i mean the actual cars game speed, how do you know that the speed that the cars are traveling in game is real on the speedo

Eg: when im traveling at 88mph, it looks like im only doing 60mph.

get me now?

Actually, its 100mph. The delorean's going at 48.5 m/s when the display says 88. 88mph should be 40.5 m/s

Really,why did you make it that? Was real 88 to slow?

I wouldn't say too slow, but the time travel sequence would have happened too soon.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this