Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Back to the Future: The complete score

intrada_bttf_score_cd.jpg

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6315/.f

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 116

The 1985 Robert Zemeckis hit Back to the Future truly needs no introduction. Produced by Steven Spielberg, the film is an all around flawless production about a teenager (Michael J. Fox) inadvertently driven back in time 30 years and forced to help his parents meet in order to preserve his own future. The result is one of the most entertaining sci-fi adventures ever produced. One of the many elements that helped Back to the Future achieve this special status is the adventurous, exciting score by Alan Silvestri. And while the score was an integral part of the film's overall experience, it was relegated to only two tracks -- a mere sampling -- on the original soundtrack album released at the time of the film. The MCA Records release mainly focused on the vocals from the film, including the Huey Lewis and the News hits "Power of Love" and "Back in Time." But a few minutes of score was not quite enough to satisfy, and for years collectors of film music and fans of the movie pined for a complete score release. Now, almost 25 years later (and closing in on the same amount of time that Marty McFly traveled back in time to meet his teenage parents), Intrada presents the complete Alan Silvestri score to Back to the Future on this special 2-CD set.

The complete score as used in the final picture is included on the first CD and comprises material recorded mostly during the period from June 5th through 11th, 1985, including two original source cues heard briefly in the film and presented here in their entirety. The second CD offers a previously unheard listen into earlier May sessions and plays as a dynamic listening experience on its own, relying less on the main theme, but offering moments that are darker and more dramatic than the final film eventually required. A final, original source cue not used in the finished film can be heard for the first time, wrapping up the second disc. For this release, Intrada had access to all the original multi-track elements housed at Universal Studios, delivering a crisp and vibrant sound for this premiere release of one of the most requested unreleased scores.

While this is a limited edition release, we don't want anyone to miss out on this important album. For that reason, we have agreement that we can exceed the usual 3000 limit and do not need to indicate a specific amount on the packaging -- so there are more than enough to go around.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 116

Retail Price: $29.99

AVAILABLE 11/24/2009

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6315/.f

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3068

Thread discussion on the Intrada Forum

All I need to complete my score is the George/Biff fight trilogy and the Silvestri version '85 Lone Pine Mall, I dont really see any need to buy this, but I might get it just for the early session cues......

I have the official soundtrack, the john debney soundtrack (not that great), and the complete score soundtracks. Time to add another one.

I absolutely despise the Debney one with a burning passion, and I took different songs from different soundtracks for Part I (I have the complete II and III bootlegs) but '85 LPM and the George to the Rescue had never been released, so I had to go without GTTR and use Debney's '85 LPM, but I just ripped them from the samples off of the Intrada site, the only thing I need to finish now (looking at the list) is Tension; The Kiss, and all of the alternate tracks.

Wish I could get it... Don't quite have the funds, atm. Would like to get the original soundtracks too.

First thing I did was ripp them straight to MP3, don't want to get the disks scratched on a limited edition release :P

Sign in to follow this