Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

What you convert into a time machine?

Wouldn't it be the other way around, if it was factual. Since technically a wormhole has no mass and also has a vacuum within it (like space) so instead of things being pushed out, wouldn't they be sucked in. And wouldn't the force only have an affect on the traveler? Oh yea, I forgot about the fact that it's all fictional and that it's made using movie magic. :P

That's why I think the people who thought up of Jumper didn't research wormholes enough.

Edited by Joe Statler

well it's not like Harry Potter apparating where you vanish from one spot leaving a void to be filled and then appear somewhere else pushing the air out of the way...

Jumper teleporting is more like Portal. You make the portals, and go through with the problem being gravity if you pop out at a funny angle.

If you teleport in Jumper, no matter what speed you going at, no matter which direction you're facing you a portal grows over your your body the ends being in two places, where you are and where you're going. that immediately vanishes upon your arrival. In the book as well, if he's falling to earth, he can jump going 100 mph, and pop out going 0. It's slightly unrealistic, but, it's still cool...

is jumper more realistic? You'd have to do some calculations to back that up. Like find the volume of air being displaced and find out how much force is being applied.

When I said realistic, I meant how a wormhole would push away stuff (in the movie). I researched something at the net about teleporting in occupied space just after watching Jumper. I myself thought at first that the whole pushing stuff away thing was too unrealistic, until I saw that site. I can't remember the link, though, unfortunately.

Since technically a wormhole has no mass and also has a vacuum within it (like space) so instead of things being pushed out, wouldn't they be sucked in?

Uh, no. If the exit point of the wormhole can suck stuff in, wouldn't the teleporter itself/himself/herself be trapped in the wormhole since he/she/it will be just sucked back in?

his wheels would materialize partway inside the rails themselves, merging the two objects.

That being impossible has something to do with the fact that two objects cannot occupy the same space. It's like two people trying to sit on the same seat.

3298738589_09527250f1.jpg

Despite as much as I like to discuss this teleportation thing, I'm not much into it. If only I'm not having a (slight) fever right now, I would've mentioned more detail/explanations.

Thing is, there's so many different theories on the 2 subjects that it's improbable to determine which one is correct for each, at least with the level of technology and understanding we're at now. Even relativity hasn't been proven as a law, but it is accepted as being right (at least for large objects in space) by the scientific community. That's why string theory is so important, but even that isn't accepted by everyone in the scientific community, probably because it's still a WIP.

Edited by Joe Statler

rust :P

iron man doesnt rust or freeze. if i time travel and earth has moved.. i can just fly to earth

hah, but what's iron man's max speed? The farther (time wise) you travel, the further distance you'd have to travel. You'd probably die of CO2 poisoning way, way, way before you get there.

Edited by Joe Statler

I believe the Iron Man suit was built to prevent any CO2 poisoning. And, most of all, EWJ didn't specify WHICH version of the suit. :P

There is a version of the Iron Man suit, capable of space travel, a.k.a. Space Armor Mark I/II.

ArmorMod10.jpg

I meant that he would have run out of oxygen, but like you said, the suits most likely would have CO2 scrubbers.

I don't think it could go on 88MPH when driving, but still looks darn epic.

hah, but what's iron man's max speed? The farther (time wise) you travel, the further distance you'd have to travel. You'd probably die of CO2 poisoning way, way, way before you get there.

What about whole years (and for every fourth yoear some days more :P)?

Today at breakfast I looked at my well, what did you expect from an inverse square law?er and saw an other probable timemachine:

th_GlowingToaster.jpg

It already is equipped with glowing coils :D. Maybe I can turn it on and send some well, what did you expect from an inverse square law?s to the future :rolleyes:.

EDIT:

Oh and I just figured my well, what did you expect from an inverse square law?er and my parents' DVD player are from the same fabricator :lol:.

have none of you seen the simpsons halloween episode where homer accidentally builds a time machine out of a well, what did you expect from an inverse square law?er?

Yea, and he makes the mistake of running back into the basement too soon, and it starts raining Donuts.

And here's a Wikipedia entry to this episode, I wanted to know the name ;).

And here is a link to the episode: http://tinyurl.com/simpsonsS6E6 I suggest you to disable JavaScript in your browser, othwerwise that survey thing might annyo you :P.

Sign in to follow this