Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

What you convert into a time machine?

You think it's better to crash frontally in a wall with a DeLorean @ 88m/h :P?

And if the brick wall has a metal pole sticking out of it, seat belts will sure help you not to move anywere far

if it has a metal pole sticking out of it, that helmet will make sure your head stays safe when you hit it at 88 mph.

I'd prefer a time machine that doesn't rely on speed to time travel, like the DeLorean. The Jumper movie showed that objects that are present in a certain location would be pushed away if you teleport to that location. The same would happen if we were to have a working time machine, but just imagine re-entering in a small store at 88 mph. You'll risk destroying property, damaging your time machine, injuring yourself, and seriously injuring or killing someone.

yeah, jumper was a bit more violent with its "reentries" then BTTF was, though BTTF still has the same principal, but chooses to move air (and at the last scene, bodies) instead.

Same as what would happend if "present" railroads in bttf3 were changed to be inch higher. Immediate loss of wheels at reentering

It is regardless of whether or not the wheels are tougher than the train tracks themselves. It all depends on where it would appear.

The part of the railroad where the DeLorean would appear would be seriously damaged to give way to the wheels and what else is under the DeLorean. The wheels may not be lost or damaged upon re-entry.

Cause of sonic booms? Well, they didn't leave any marks on Twin Pines Mall land, nor they did on the very same railroad when Doc came in Time Train.. Maybe Doc made something that pushes everything that might be in the way after reentry.. :huh:

We were referring to the teleportation from Jumper, where stuff, weaker or stronger than the teleporter, are being pushed back or away to give way to the teleporter. If the DeLorean time machine was real and fully-working, it may not re-enter after time travel the same way as in the movies. It would be a time-shifting Jumper on wheels. If you've watched the movie, you'd get what we're talking about.

Nope I haven't :P Oh well, gotta add that to my yet to watch list

it did not, but its pure iron and I doubt it'll be that prone to damage. I mean, Marty and Jennifer were pratically unscathed after the huge train came back.

Well that's not what i was talking about. I was talking about the book. The movie took a lot of liberties. No such thing as a Paladin in the books. Just a regular FBI agent chasing after him... In the movie, he kind of imploded and exploded to normal somewhere else. In the book a portal appeared in the outline of his body directly in front of him and moved over him then closed behind him. And the whole thing was almost instantaneous. and the only disturbance was the fact that you blinked and he could be gone... So no air was disturbed except when he "jumped" his girlfriends apartment... That did happen in the book. And id damn near killed him.

it did not, but its pure iron and I doubt it'll be that prone to damage. I mean, Marty and Jennifer were pratically unscathed after the huge train came back.

So you're saying the tracks are tough enough to keep an exit point of a wormhole from opening? I am again saying I'm referring to the more realistic (and violent) teleportation in Jumper, in BTTF's. Wormholes can practically push away or damage anything that's within space-time and in wherever it opens.

I think his big thing Angelo, is the same as the Tree thing mentioned earlier. If the train rails were taller in the future, his wheels would materialize partway inside the rails themselves, merging the two objects. And the other problem is that if you do that in the Delorean, at 88 mph, you're in trouble. That's a big problem. I know in certain things, like The Time Machine you are technically outside the normal dimensions of space and time, but given that the Delorean's travel is instantaneous, and in THE EXACT SPACE IT LEFT, just not the same time, that causes trouble.

Technically it doesn't rematerialize in the same area of space. That's why I've always thought that the Time Circuits extrapolates where it the earth would be at any given time. Using orbital references, axis references, and the movement of the solar system through the universe for it's calculations. That's why space is so convenient, you can predict where something will be or where something was using these calculations. It's probably one of the most important tools used in astronomy and astro-physics today.

Edited by Joe Statler

Well, yeah, sorry i didn't explain further... Remember that thread I made a while back that everyone said was dumb? In which I explained that the plasma venting off the tires that creates the fires trails could possibly be the thing that links the car to the earth so despite the earth's revolution around the sun, the fire trails link it to the same physical items that it is touching at any one moment. Which is why, except for the very first Time travel experience, the fire trails follow wherever the car goes in the first few seconds after traveling. The best example of this is the Lightning run. so it will appear at exactly the same x, y, and z axis in relation to where the earth is at any one point in time and space.

is jumper more realistic? You'd have to do some calculations to back that up. Like find the volume of air being displaced and find out how much force is being applied.

Sign in to follow this