Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Polo423

What you convert into a time machine?

The Apple Time Machine I want should simply be just a piece of (highly-advanced and multi-compatible) PC software that I can install in any PC, or bring along in a USB flash drive. So just in case I desperately need to travel back in time for something in a small spaced room with nothing but one old Toshiba laptop, I can just plug the flash disk in, run the program, and do.

And when I meant by multi-compatible I meant by, other than being able to run on all kinds of OS's, being able to detect the PC's specs and change its settings according to those specs to run. If it is a high-end PC, it would display a very detailed and beautiful GUI and operate in the fastest way possible to make time traveling quick and easy. If it is a low-end PC, it would try to make the GUI look as simple as possible (it won't be ugly, nor beautiful), and operate in a way that it won't stress the CPU out.

Then it would not be Apple if it was multi-compatible.

I would have it like iron mans suit aswell

iron mans suit so you can not only time travel but you can fly and blow s**t up. imagine shooting through the air at ridiculous speeds and then BOOM your in the mid 60's and still shooting through the air at ridiculous speeds.

Now that would be cool

Edited by 1985

Then it would not be Apple if it was multi-compatible.

I think he refers to that a Mac runs all OSs in stock.

you gave them stats?

Yea, what are you trying to do, make a BTTF/DR. WHO roleplaying game?

Lets just say some classes are VERY dull and boring.

Since we're all talking about time machines here, imagine being able to use a time machine to fast forward time in boring classes and just travel back whenever you have the energy or the need to take down notes (if there are notes to take).

Wasn't that click?

cept it would have to be one that DIDNT automatically fast forward through stuff because its trying to predict what you want it to do

That part bugged me. Why couldn't they just clear the memory, hit stop, or just turn the remote off. Way too forced of a plot point. It's like Tivo recording your shows, but you're unable to change its setup.

Edited by archer9234

It's probably still a beta. The whole thing might just be a test feature, or an "Nth Dimension" feature lol

There are some other time travel-based fics used the same fast-forward time travel concept BEFORE Click. Can't remember which ones were those, but I can be pretty sure this is also considered time traveling.

Anyways, I really don't like the idea of fast-forwarding. I would allowing one of my three time machine ideas to have this feature, but I won't use it just as much as the other features. I would use it for stuff like answering my curiosity about my (possible) future some years later.

Like SLIPSTREAM with Sean Astin. It came out a year before Click. And Sean Astin was in Click as well. But SLIPSTREAM was more about rewinding time (10 min), and time loops, not really moving forward or long time jumps.

A scientist plots a bank robbery based around his newest invention -- a time travel gadget that will send its user 10 minutes into the past. Everything goes according to plan, until he encounters a group of thieves who've planned their heist for the same day.

-from IMDB

Edited by Joe Statler

The classic time machine fast forwarded. I wonder if a tree grew up in its place while time traveling?

technically the HG WELLS TM exists in a higher dimension in the middle of time travel. Don't think alternate dimension like alternate realities, but actually existing on a higher dimensional plane that exists within the 11 that's theorized in string theory.

Theories such as string theory and M-theory predict that physical space in general has in fact 10 and 11 dimensions, respectively. The extra dimensions are spatial. We perceive only three spatial dimensions, and no physical experiments have confirmed the reality of additional dimensions. A possible explanation that has been suggested is that space acts as if it were "curled up" in the extra dimensions on a subatomic scale, possibly at the quark/string level of scale or below. Another less-held fringe view asserts that dimensions beyond the fourth progressively condense timelines and universes into single spatial points in the above dimension, until the tenth, where a 0-dimensional point equates to all possible timelines in all possible universes.

Of course HG WELLS didn't know what any of that was, but after some people thought it out, that's one of the only explanation that works.

Edited by Joe Statler

That explains why so many TV-Shows and movies utilize a Time Vortex-like space.

timevortex.jpg

It IS the 0-dimension point, apparently.

Some have theorized Sub-Space time travel but sub-space is just one of (if not a couple of) the spatial dimensions that exists, in theory. For example in Stargate SG-1 the wormhole exists in sub-space, and when the wormhole intersects a Solar Flare the Gate is able to travel a person forward or backward through time. This is because of the fluctuations in sub-space that the flare creates when the wormhole is created.

Edited by Joe Statler

What Statler said.

True that HG Wells didn't know all of that, but we should thank him for allowing us to know these for the first place by introducing us technology-based time travel, otherwise ALL of us wouldn't.

Speaking of which, this reminds me of the HL2 mod I was working on. I once researched about "Chronokinesis" (a type of telekinesis/psychokinesis which involve telekinetically manipulating time and probably space), then decided to have a psychic power capable of bending dimensions like space and time. I named the psychic power "Horokinesis". If I were to finish and release this mod, this power would be one of my many attempts to try to combine science (fiction) with fantasy / paranormal.

Heroes. Think and travel, think and... GOD DAMMIT, Don't talk to yourself!

Yeah. The whole thing sounds like Heroes, only with a bit of paranormal stuff. Psychic power, according to what I've conceptualized, is a "genetic human vestigial" passed down since our (highly-psychical) ancestors who managed to tap to offworld-ly "spectral energy" through evolution and used to consider it their own "arms and legs" (therefore its the other way around unlike in Heroes). This would help explain why psychic power is rare and is near to being considered as "fantasy bullsh*t" nowadays.

Horokinesis has more differences than similarities to Hiro's ability. Since it's entirely dimension-manipulation, any Horokinetic can do BEYOND that of any Hiro Nakamura. Master Horokinetics can do so much to the point that they can create their own alternate or pocket universes by creating "copies" of our original universe's dimensions and "assembling" them to separate universes, or "destroy" a universe by causing it to collapsing onto itself. Same pretty much goes to other psychic powers I researched and conceptualized.

iMaster has been Force Quit while being unresponsive, please contact customer support about this problem.

Well, Obviously, Deloreans being my passion, I would want one of those, Or a TARDIS. But really, the coolest thing I think, would maybe be some kind of small handheld device, like a ring, a phone, gloves, or a necklace, that would allow me to travel through time and space like a "Jumper" If you read the book, a whole opens in space and passes over him then closes. All with the power of his mind. I would like to do that, but in addition, be able to time travel as well...

Also, maybe a hat, Like Mighty Max.

Friend of mine had an idea. What about like roller skates, or shoes, that make you skate/run up the 88 mph...? Lol...

Sign in to follow this