Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Door Sound Request

Blue, hopefully an easy thing to add to the mod, you able to add the electronic door sound to the DeLorean in the next source code or next main release?

The sort of problematic thing about this is that this sound is in the audio archive and in order to replace it that must be extracted first and then again packed meaning that's work for an installer ;).

So this most likely wont appear in a source code release...

oh ok, I thought you might have been able to do it through cleo so only the deloreans get that door sound.

Also means when you hit a corner very hard to make the door open, the sound plays. And then it also plays if the door tries to close after that, but bounces off. Which makes sense sorta.

Cool :D

Hmmm, is it possible to have a door closing sound?

Actually, even if it is possible, that might be too much, but I was thinking more in terms of if you got out and left the door up, then went to get back in and have the door closing sound.

Oh it does, um, hang on trying to think.

Got it, when marty pulls the door down when fleeing from the lybians, and when marty closes the door near the end of the film when doc goes off to 2015.

well, anyway, I can't, because you know, the mechanism to keep the door open doesn't work in SA. It'll bounce around, causing you to hear it even though you don't touch it

I can't change the engine mechanics. Its accurate either way. Remember the ending scene in BTTF3 where Marty goes back to 1985? No door sound there.

Neat. It's beginning to be as good (accuracy-wise) as the VC version one with those sounds. :D

Speaking of which, when are you planning to release the engine sounds?

next major release. Its not considered source code stuff you know :P

The other sounds are because I use them in the code.

you can easily edit the vehicles to use different sounds in SA.

In fact, I think its a better idea to put the door sound into the sfx archive instead of having it CLEO based, since you can change what door sounds a car has as well.

That's cool then...and another thing I learned about GTA SA modding. :) I'll try changing the engine sounds myself, if only I knew where to look for it (in the SFX archive of the VC version).

In fact, I think its a better idea to put the door sound into the sfx archive instead of having it CLEO based, since you can change what door sounds a car has as well.

I would want to have it that way, if it is possible to make the installer replace files in the SFX archive.

you can also change the horn sound, if it has a special attribute (like a rotating engine piece) and some others I don't remember atm.

Sign in to follow this