Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

My GTA George Romero Zombie Maps

Howdy. So as i mentioned in another thread i am working on a total conversion map based on George Romero's zombie movies. This will include locations from the first 3 movies. I know theres not too many horror fans here, and those that are arent really zombie fans. Anyhow, i had made the farmhouse a long time ago, but i just created the cemetery and have improved some things about the house. Overall i've tried to make it look more like the rolling hills of western PA than SA. Anyhow, heres a vid of the opening of the actual movie, and a vid of my map. I tried to make it eerily familiar. Lets try to keep the criticism on the constructive side mmmm k? :P Enjoy.

Movie clip (bad quality):

My vid:

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

You look good with the gta san andreas (although I have not seen the movie) :$ xD

Black and white. Looks awesome.

" />

The mapping looks good :thumbs:.

If it is intended to become a good reenactment of the other movie, try to follow these points:

• disable HUD and radar (if you don't necessarily want it), will look better tmm
  • search for a mod to disable textdraws, such as the quarter/city names, I guess there was a *.asi-loaded one for SA
    otherwise remove all the zones from the map definition
  • do better driving :P., e.g. don't use the handbrake and use the regular brake instead (to avoid the black palls)
  • don't do camera changes, or cut them out with a video editor

That's what I'd have to amend.

hahaha, thnx yeah it was more just ment to show off my work, but it was hard to drive from those angles. i know theres like a SA movie maker or something that prob works way better though i've never used it. also i usually just rename the zones to what they might be in the movie but in this case it may be better to disable them. i was considering a mod that is essentially a black and white toggleable view. is that possible ya think?

If you screw your monitor enough so it shows only two colors, then yeah :lol:

Edited by RG

oh wait, connect it to your tv, and turn the color off!!

i do like it! i saw that effect somewhere i think it was called old fashioned or something. yeah it really enhances the vid. i take it you like my idea then?

Ya know, i am def not one to talk, but you can like whatever you wish and still not label yourself. in fact i think labeling yourself is mostly hurtful. you should say i'm just me, with emo qualities. :P for example i'm me, with rasta and hippy qualities, but i have punk and slight skater qualities too. as you get older you may find you like a wide enough variety of things to not be one certain one. being who you are is what its all about, and if you truly fit one category, and one category only, then be it. i'm just saying that variety, open mindedness and diversity are truly what make strong people. never deny knowledge.

i only say this because just because your emo doesnt mean you have to like horror, and therefore my mod. :P

I myself am a Scifi nerd with a Biker's sense of style (I own a pair of bad@ss leather and a leather jacket). I have the colon of a 60 year old man, and the musical tastes of a 55 year old man. I've even been told by friends that I'm either a reincarnation of a Vietnam vet or was born in the wrong generation.

But I don't have a label; makes me even more eccentric.

Edited by Joe Statler

Thank uhhhhhhhhhhhh rockstar for 2dfx and particles.

2dfx.gif

So, i modeled a whole new gigantic island. It has the cemetery, the farmhouse, a small town, vehicle placements, a save point, weapons, and LOD models. It was a lot of work. But i can do LOD's now! I used existing in game models for the town and a few others. Have a look at the video. One day i'll finish the whole map, i want 2 more islands.

" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Thanks. i know not many fans here, but maybe you guys can appreciate the huge a$$ island i made anyway. ;)

Looks cool. One thing i will say is try to update the minimap. No idea how but prob means creating a bitmap of your island and replacing the standard one somehow???????

u mean the radar? theres an extensive tut on gtaforums. i was waiting till the whole map is done though.

Sign in to follow this