:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Ziero

BTTF GTA III

Hey Ziero, any progress? id really like this to go ahead, even if just a mini mod. GTA 3 was my favorite gta, until i saw BTTF VC mod that is!

No progress as of yet, considering I've had to completely re-install XP, and like a idiot I didn't backup everything that I should have... Working on it though and when I have something that I can really show, then It will be... Maybe then the appropriate ppl will lend me a hand and give permissions to release. I'll keep everyone informed.

good luck ziero!

Edited by ashley

Wow so I'm really not sure where to put this request other than in my own topic, but does anyone know where I can find a Speedometer mod for GTA 3? I've been looking everywhere and still cannot find it, and when I do think that I've found it, the link is broken... Oh and thanks Ashley for helping me to look for it.

EDIT: Also if anyone would like to help me in my endeavor, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Edited by Ziero

Well then I am doing something wrong because I've tried it and it doesn't work... hmm... maybe I'll try again.

okay so it still doesn't work... anything I need to remove from HV's Speedometer?

EDIT: okay so it just sends me into somekind of endless loop with the first mission... right when i get into the car it plays it again and then it stops responding... I'm very confused at this point.

Edited by Ziero

This is what I am talking about:

This is the code I am using, obviously from HV... I am assuming that that is allowed... and I changed a few things to make it work cause obviously the gosub that was there wouldn't work so I just replaced it with what the gosub was anyway...

:SPDMTR

03A4: name_thread 'SPDMTR' 

0006: 1@ = 255 // integer values 

0006: 2@ = 50 // integer values 

0006: 3@ = 50 // integer values 

:SPDMTR_32

0001: wait 10 ms 

00D6: if 

0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined 

004D: jump_if_false @SPDMTR_32 

00D6: if 2 

00E0:   player $PLAYER_CHAR driving 

80DE:   not player $PLAYER_CHAR driving_vehicle_type #FAGGIO 

80DE:   not player $PLAYER_CHAR driving_vehicle_type #PIZZABOY 

00D6: if 1 

0038:   $TRAVEL == 0 // integer values 

0038:   $CUTSCENE == 0 // integer values 

03C1: 0@ = player $PLAYER_CHAR car 

0241:   player $PLAYER_CHAR in_remote_mode 

004D: jump_if_false @SPDMTR_141 

0484: 0@ = player $PLAYER_CHAR rc_car 

:SPDMTR_141

02E3: 4@ = car 0@ speed 

0013: 4@ *= 1.835 // floating-point values (never used in VC or GTA 3) 

008C: 4@ = float_to_integer 4@ 

0340: set_text_draw_color 15@ 2@ 3@ 255 

0341: unknown_text_stuff 1 

03E4: set_text_draw_align_right 0 

0343: set_text_linewidth 5000.0 

0348: set_text_draw_proportional 1 

0342: set_text_draw_centered 0 

0345: set_text_draw_in_box 0  

033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height 2.0 8.0 

03E4: set_text_draw_align_right 1 

0019:   4@ > 9 // integer values 

004D: jump_if_false @SPDMTR_238 

045A: text_draw_1number 600.0 375.0 'SPEED' 4@  // ~1~.

0002: jump @SPDMTR_32 

:SPDMTR_238

045A: text_draw_1number 600.0 375.0 'SPEED1' 4@  // 0~1~.

0002: jump @SPDMTR_32

And before you ask, yes I edited the gxt for the speedometer. I am in no way asking someone to code this for me, I am just asking for some help. A little nudge in the right direction, if you will.

good to see your doing something ziero! hope i helped you with the code!

for future reference, syntax is the layout and rules of a particular computer language, to say you got the syntax wrong is like saying you have spelt a word wrong and something like that.

Okay everyone, the moment you've all been waiting for... No not time-travel in GTA III, sorry. But I believe I'm close. And I felt like giving you all an update to what exactly I have so far...

Obviously, some things still need work, but this was mainly to show that I am serious about this... I tried to give credits to the approprieate ppl, and even if I missed some I am sorry, but as it stands right now this isn't looking to be a release anyway, just mainly for my own learning exp. If anyone would like to help me at least achieve time-travel, you can PM me if you like... I am currently working on a car spawner, but at the moment that is hard for me to figure out... Anyways enjoy the video.

good work ziero :)

Can't you have custom wheels in GTA III?

I thought you were actually going to drive the delorean to a garage and convert it to bttf I..

Can't you have custom wheels in GTA III?

I thought you were actually going to drive the delorean to a garage and convert it to bttf I..

I'm not sure about the custom wheels thing, haven't figured that out yet... Sorry to let you down, Mike. Working on things though. Haven't got time-travel yet so I didn't see the point in converting it, lol... wouldn't make sense, unless my story would be that it was a replica TM, :P . Anyways, back to work...

yes you can. I used to have a delorean in gta3 with custom wheels.

you should be using dmagic's wheel mod for gta3. he made one for vc as well.

oh will you look at this. The annoying BTTFForever released a gta3 pack. Did he get permission to do so from Carlos? I don't know because when it was released, I was dead.

here