:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Ziero

BTTF GTA III

Hmm, this now again really makes me want to convert the 0.2f script once it's released to a version for GTA:LC :rolleyes:.

Blue is right thought, I just wanna make some script similar (but not exact) to the HV code, no buildings just time travel, basically making it a mini mod... its more of a personal learning experience than anything. But in the off chance that I do accomplish something from this, I just wanted to know if it would be okay to possibly release it, if there was enough of an interest in it... But now with the origin of those cars in question, I may just do it for myself... Unless I can get proper permissions (from the true creator of the cars for gta3 and any code resources I may use as reference). And I'll go ahead with the project, I just won't do any releasing until then, and I'm sure that videos are okay as long as I have the proper credits. Just go with me on this, it's not like any of the main nod team would have to do anything, as I have said before I will learn the code and do it myself.

I suggest against using the gta3 engine. Heres a few that I can pick off from looking at the opcode listings.

One big limitation I already see is that you are limited to any one sound playing at any one time, instead of 2 in VC and 3 in SA (more if you use CLEO)

GTA3:

03CF: load_wav 'DOOR_1' // Note no variable to store wav to

03D1: play_wav  // Can't specify which sound to play, so logical to think only one can be played
GTAVC:
03CF: load_wav 'MOB_52A' as $1177 // Note variable is available.  Max 2 loaded at any time

03D1: play_wav $1177 // Can specify, so you can tell which sound to be played
Another is that the size you have for coding is half that of VC, and VC is already near that point. Which brings me to limits. I'm already at the limit for particles in VC, SA hasn't breached it, so its kinda logical to think 3 doesn't support that many particles as VC either. As well as other limits. There probably are less particles in 3 then VC, and we had worked really hard to find enough free particles to use in VC, so there might be no option in 3. No helicopters means that the hover system will be like the old hover system/hover system in non-time machines in VC. Unless you enjoy flying a crippled plane that is hard as hell to fly (they even made a game out of that). rc is limited to only one car. GTA3 had only one slot for RC cars, and it had its own special features unlike VC and SA which any car could be made into RC. GTA3:
010C: change_player_into_rc_buggy $PLAYER_CHAR at $1162 $1163 $1164 180.0 // Note: No car model defined
GTAVC:
046E: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR in_RC_mode_at $3328 $3329 $3330 angle $3331 RC_model #RCGOBLIN // Note: car model defined

Theres no way to open Mr. Fusion like VC or SA. The opcode is beyond the range of 3's. To do so, you need Mr. Fusion as an extra and need to reload the model twice, compared to once in VC and none in SA.

There is no way to set car variation. The opcode is beyond the range of 3's. What these means is that extras won't work properly in GTA3, and you can't set BTTF1 variations without using, given the combinations in VC, 10 different models for it. If you wanted the animations for bttf2, you need 3 BTTF2 varations, 2 airplanes, 1 car. Same deal with the train.

for the time circuits, 3 is restricted to only 2 strings of data, while VC has 48.

Meaning, at the most, you can have only destination and last time departed displayed, and not the same way VC and SA does it. No present time, without axing one of the others, and no empty graphics. Also means that the numbers won't be in line, and you won't have a square looking time circuit anymore

So what now, VC with LC added on and HV, okay I suppose... That was the point I had to wanting to do this BTW blue, I like LC better than VC

well, I do too, lol.

Thats why I suggested LC in the first place. Its LC :P

If you want more fun, SOL has a bigger map to play with. Should probably resurrect the mini-mod at some point to make it easier for that to happen.

United is SA based, which should be supported by the SA mod mostly, if not entirely.

The only thing I can think of that you need to change is model numbers in both the ide's and script.

And I can't import the models of the SA Mod into United :(. Breaches limit, I guess. Or I simply am too stupid.

And I can only agree:

I personally - as I already said - like III's map, Liberty City, more than Vice City. It is just too flat to my mind :(. No tunnels, no railway, no big bridge... nothing real special. [...] As far as I can remember, I was real interested in seeing more from the Liberty City that you go to in a mission of SA, so I googled a bit, downloaded and played the mod GTA:LC. That again made we want to take a look at the original game, so I got GTA III :).

it was a lot of fun back in GTA3, which is why I revisisted it from now and then. But really, we were going to wipe the map anyway, so the decision was made to keep VC.

I would really to play on LC or VC while in the game engine of SA and still be able to play SA if I wanted too... All the missions too, plus the BTTF mod... OMG it would be the best GTA ever.

Does it matter? Aren't they both the same? I haven't played 4 enough to know... I figured the only the graphic were different.

I only got to play around for like 30 mins, but it sounds better than the old LC

I only got to play around for like 30 mins, but it sounds better than the old LC

Really? I play online GTA 4 with my friends, and I still can't remember everything, unlike in GTA 3...but back to the topic at hand. GTA 4 is like a no-police/bent-cop place, as in GTA 3, the graphice sucked, granted, but it was at least very, very fun for me, about 7 years ago...and I just recently got back into it again...only this time, for PC!

All I'm saying is, play GTA 3 ALL THE WAY through again, and then go online in GTA 4, and look at the map; fly, drive, swim...I don't care, but geet a feel of 3, and 4 then decide if you still want 4

(BTW: GTA 4 is really GTA 8)

lolz i'm surprised he didn't b**ch about legend of Zelda, lol

EDIT: nvm found it.

Edited by Ziero

How true this is... Here's some other examples:

Original Title German title (with translation)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Fluch der Karibik

(Curse of the Caribbean)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Pirates of the Caribbean - Fluch der Karibik 2

(Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Caribbean 2)

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Fluch der Karibik - Am Ende der Welt

(Curse of the Caribbean - At World's End)

Twilight Bis(s) zum Morgengrauen

(till/bite at Breaking Dawn)

New Moon Bis(s) zur Mittagsstunde

(till/bite at Noon)

Eclipse Bis(s) zum Abendrot

(till/bite at sunset)

Breaking dawn Bis(s) zum Ende der Nacht

(bite at Night's End≠Breaking Dawn)

These idiots didn't seem to be able to make their minds up, related to the first three! Once they only named the curse and the Caribbean, then they also took the original title in it and then they went back to the first and added the original subtitle, what th- *boom*?

And related to the Twilight series (the books) they even went the other direction... How confusing :huh:. I guess at the end they also were like: "f**k, this name is already taken by the first!"