:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
archer9234

Storyline Discussion

That's what I meant

Like how would the team code the Peabody mission when marty is shot at? How would you instill the dear and urgency into the player to get him or her back to the delorean and run from Peabody?

He should definitely be firing a shotgun at you. Get away before you get killed or damage the time machine too much. He's on foot, but he's a crack shot. You should fail the mission if you run him over though, might screw up history, scare people into thinking there's some alien killing people, etc.

I think that's at least how it should play. Shouldn't be too hard for Vice City.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Not just the objectives but how do you create the sense of urgency and make it natural to want to run away. How to make the player feel like Marty in other words.

Not only that but how do you write other missions. How would the player stay engaged when doc is taking the delorean for a spin? How would the first day of school be handled? How would convincing doc that you really did cone from the future work? And this isn't just for the fans to ponder. The team has to write out a script of how it all fits together.

Have no clue about coding, but ideas is all I can offer.

As for urgency... my best guess is to have a time limit. That worked pretty good in Vice City.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

I have a question regarding cut scenes; you guys can't animate the figures to move, mouth and all like in Vice? Thought I'd ask since the ones in BTTF the ride, they're just standing there, and I figured that's pretty much the best you can do since you didn't actually WRITE the game.

It is possible, you just need a really good animator and coder to do it.

Not only that but how do you write other missions. How would the player stay engaged when doc is taking the delorean for a spin? How would the first day of school be handled?

Well, if this game was being done as an SA-only mod you could have a rhythm game for the audition. Then you could have another one for Johnnie-B Goode.

You could have easter eggs as well. Like when CJ goes up to a game system you can play a mini-game. How about instead of a mini-game putting in a code that would start a movie. For example: Marty walks into an empty classroom and turns on a projector that then begins to show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLMpd_iZvc.

And I bet Marty had to do regular class work while in the 50s. How different would lets say a physics class be in comparison of today's classes. Don't know how that would be coded into a mission, but it's an idea.

Edited by Joe Statler

Theres tons of stuff for marty to do.

As marty go to docs garage and plug in the guitar (small cutscene of marty flying across the room. Then I like the idea of controlling Doc doing an unmaned (or dog) RC time travel as in the film their is already a plutonium pellet used in the box, then phone marty at your garage telling him you've made a break throu. the game then switchs to marty getting to school on his skateboard and skitchin on the back of cars with a time limit.

Marty could then wander around the school looking for jennifer and avoiding the likes of biff and his bully cronies and Mr strickland. If you die (are beaten up) or are found by a teacher you return to the start of the level in a nearby class to try again. Once complete you have to take jennifer for a soda quick kiss then dad interrupts. Make your way back home (no rush) and go to bed. Cutscene (doc rings you waking Marty up to meet at the twin pines mall).

I could go on but you get the idea

Also In '85 From 1985 onwards what about a Wild gunmen arcade game to play.

Edited by Dave27

Marty could then wander around the school looking for jennifer and avoiding the likes of biff and his bully cronies and Mr strickland. If you die (are beaten up) or are found by a teacher you return to the start of the level in a nearby class to try again. Once complete you have to take jennifer for a soda quick kiss then dad interrupts. Make your way back home (no rush) and go to bed. Cutscene (doc rings you waking Marty up to meet at the twin pines mall).

Wait, why is Biff here? If Marty is going to pick up Jennifer, then technically it would be the 80s, and Biff would be in his 40s. No real interest in harassing a kid when his father would do, right?

He said the likes of... Which would most likely be Needles and his gang. You need to learn to read correctly.

Whill it also be possible to be doc in some missions?

Well, you'll have to play as doc in some parts. Since in BTTF 2 he's the one who's driving the Del throughout the entire movie.

Edited by Joe Statler

Except he clearly said "Biff and his cronies"

Whatever; I know what he means, but I know how to read just fine, thanks.

Yeah he's right I meant needles and fellows. I wrote biff by mistake although that could be a similar mission in the 50's to try to find George.

I think it like Statler says some doc missions are unavoidable and I think we may have to read between the lines with his character and his missions to pad out the story or it will be marty goes here cutscene, marty goes there cutscene.

Sign in to follow this