Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
raybob

Easy Coding Request for 0.2f

This should be a very quick easy one to implement in 0.2f. How about: When you die, you don't default to the Tommy Vercetti skin, and you respawn at the mansion instead of the hospital?

And I always wondered why "we" didn't choose to replace the standard player model (putting "we" in quotes, because it was before my time ;)).

the dying thing is hardcoded, lol.

Damn that sucks.....

Is the thing that makes you die when in water hardcoded?

yes

Then perhaps we should get some of Mike's C++ friends to help us!!!

Damn that sucks.....

Is the thing that makes you die when in water hardcoded?

why wouldn't you want to die in water. It's not like the game lets you swim like in SA. You'd have to use the suicide cheat code to get back onto land anyways.

Hill Valley doesn't have a lot of water anyway.

Theres only a lake, and thats about all I know. Its not near the coastal areas like SA, LC, or VC.

Btw, I know how to get around the hardcoded stuff, as long as people already have found the memory addresses for each thing.

And for hardcoded stuff, its not c++ you need to know........more like hex editing.

Well, technically two lakes, the one that's always been there

We'll wait until winter, when the lake freezes over

and the man made one in 2015 in front of the Courthouse Mall

Hill Valley doesn't have a lot of water anyway.

Theres only a lake, and thats about all I know. Its not near the coastal areas like SA, LC, or VC.

Btw, I know how to get around the hardcoded stuff, as long as people already have found the memory addresses for each thing.

And for hardcoded stuff, its not c++ you need to know........more like hex editing.

So then why can't somebody hack the EXE and make it so there's unlimited/more space in the SCM?

Also, why was this put into the SCM?

029B: $9 = init_object #STRIPCLBDRCLSD at 97.203 -1469.731 10.578

01C7: remove_object_from_mission_cleanup_list $9

029B: $10 = init_object #COP_DR_CLOSED at 396.545 -472.883 12.6

01C7: remove_object_from_mission_cleanup_list $10

029B: $11 = init_object #OD_CLBDR_CLOSE at 490.34 -77.017 11.598

01C7: remove_object_from_mission_cleanup_list $11

Maybe I want to go into those buildings...

Edited by raybob

because hacking the exe is not that easy, and doing it improperly can cause the game to not work at all. You've got about 2.94 mb to look at.

2.94 mb = 3017kb

3017 kb 3,088,896 bytes

3,088,896 bytes = 24,711,168 bits to look at, which means 24,711,168 numbers to look at, test, and record what each one does. Which also means you have to play the game over at least 24,711,168 times to see if they work, and chances are, you'll need to do more testing, so that number can easily double or triple. Besides, changing some of them do nothing. Some change something in the game. Some should not be changed, otherwise the game won't run. Etc.

then theres the fact that some of them might not be what you expected. Some hex's are bytes. Some words. Some dwords. Some floats. That also requires more testing.

Dunno about you, but I don't have the patience to do that.

speedo makes no difference even if you do put it in an asi.

Besides, we aren't hurting for space right now. Just a little over half of the coding space is left.

Sign in to follow this