Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
raybob

Flying Code

Would it be possible if every flying car in the future was coded to fly the way the DeLorean time machine does, instead of just driving while floating in the air?

Thanks

Raybob

As far as I know, not possible, because the flying Time Machines replace helicopters, which aren't possible to add... A coder could elaborate more on this.

As far as I know, not possible, because the flying Time Machines replace helicopters, which aren't possible to add... A coder could elaborate more on this.

Are you saying it'd be impossible to code, or that they'd have to fill up a bunch more car slots by replacing more cars with the heli versions?

Last thing I knew, handling.cfg had a simple flag 'is_heli' that could convert any car to a heli with modifications to the default.ide file aswell.

Edited by raybob

While I'm here, another request. This should be a very quick easy one to implement in 0.2f. How about: When you die, you don't default to the Tommy Vercetti skin?

I tried turning on the is_heli flag and adding the handling for heli's. Doesn't work. Can't drive or fly. I don't think sound played for it either.

Easy answer. The game does not look for new vehicle lines (even if they already exist as car and you simply add heli/boat lines), because it is hardcoded in the exe what it should look for, the names of the lines are readable with a hex editor.

It can be done, I did this with Mini-Me sometime ago when we re-added the old 04 DeLorean in addition to the DMC-13.

Trouble is you'd still need to use 2 car slots, one for the driving version and another for the flying version, which is a complete waste on anything other than the DeLorean, train, and police car.

And they need to take an existing heli handling line to share with other helis, so they'd act the same.

Well guys, thanks anyway for trying....

Yeah I forgot you'd have to have 2 models for every car and that would waste a ton of space.

And it's still not possible to ADD cars/helis to Vice City?

Well, you can add 4 cars and align them heli handlings.

possible to add cars.......not heli's or planes

So then why is everybody so concerned over what cars to put in the game if you can just add a couple more?

quick question, how are you gonna make the cars in the future fly?, i know they fly already (more like hover!), but how are you gonna tell the game to switch to hover mode and back to driving?

Might be a hard thing, but this could be a prototype :D:

I was a bit bored an didn't knew what to do, so I tried to let some cars drive on Orcgons skyway. Since using existing cars as objects isn't possible and I somehow seem to be too stupid to add new objects, I needed to look for a thing that looks at least similar to a car and that's the result:

well....I've add one heli in the Vice City...I named it DELHELI and it works pretty well... All I have to do is steal one of the heli's line and rename it to name I've made....more information can be found in gtaforums.com

Sorry Johnny, but it was better when you weren't around :P.

I already told them that it is possible and I don't even need a tutorial ;).

Sign in to follow this