Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Skyway For San Andreas

Yo guys, so today i started working on a skyway for san andreas and have made good headway! i modeled the lights and added light info to them. i placed enough for about a mile long stretch. the only problem is sometimes the light info doesnt load till your real close. i spaced them out a bit to prevent this and dont really wanna space them out any further. this is a little add on for my 2015 conversion map. hopefully it'll give it a little character. hope you guys like it.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

Edited by Trancelikestate

thnx grim, yeah i plan on adding it. and another sign. yeah i'd like to know what he thinks too since i heard he made one, although i never saw it.

wow, thats pretty cool. i like it! it looks like his suffers from the same thing as mine. light LOD is weird.

My opinion is, I'm too lazy to give a s**t! I wasn't going to do one for SA anyway because I think MeD sucks balls, and so do all the other SA map editors for that matter.

I was going to begin work on 0.2f Skyway with Micromans models sometime soon (if he'd still let me) but TBH I really can't be arsed :P

VC bores me. ;)

nice micro, i like that model! i'll prob just use mine though since i already made it ;)

org, yeah but MED is far superior to mapeditor i'm recently discovering. and speaking of superior tools, if anyone still uses img tool 2.0 that thing sucks. get alci's img editor.

been using alci's. Good, yes, but I would not rely on it solely.

Img created by alci crashed SA.

img created by img tool did not.

really? i've never had that happen and i dont even rebuild the archive.

If I want a new archive I simply copy the old and remove all the models, that's the safer method :P.

I like these models, they look good :thumbs:. If you also could make something that happens when you crash them (e.g. they bounce or "get broken and sink") that would be cool :).

thnx mini me. i could try but that sounds kinda tough. :P

It isn't tough, just tedious, you have to make the destruction animation and edit a few of the data files, its pretty easy stuff to do but it takes ages cause there is so much of it ;)

Ok, so 2 more models. The street sign and welcome to hill valley. I am not that satisfied with how the road sign turned out i think mainly because I dont know how to do 2dfx text yet, nor do i even know if its possible yet with SA. However i am very satisfied with how the welcome signed turned out. heres some quick render pics, and a vid. also i obviously changed around the skyway a bit as well. hope you guys enjoy.

sign2n.jpg

welcomene.jpg

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

For some reason the road sign textures dulls when i put it in game, and i think i can fix it, i just havnt yet. ;) hope you guys like. and sorry bout the temporary black screen, my windows movie maker is blowing it.

And there are only lights on the side of the skyway as you approach the exit. you cant really see that in the vid.

Edited by Trancelikestate

Sign in to follow this