Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTF Forever

new 0.2e opening video

Well Chroma Keying is taking a certain color on a picture and basically making it clear for the layer below it. I took some random images from Back to the future, cut them out, did a lot of photoshop work to them and got these: (crappy pics)

There's a few more I did but I didn't feel the need to post them all. Now to be able to do anything with those in a video editor you have to be able to Chroma Key out the green.

Here's a quick clip I through together in 10 minutes of what you could do with these images to get the VC into effect.

(super awesome video)

Trust me when I say I can do way better than that.

wow that was cool do you think you could make one looking a little better and thats still got some of the main stuff for people to know this is still vice city :P i like how your keeping vice city's song lol

I'm guessing that's what Mike did.
That's correct.

oh, you're trying to emulate the vc opening.......gotcha
and yes.

How's this?

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy227/b...y2/delorean.jpg

I want to add a rear profile shot of the delorean to the upper left just to balance it

I though that there could be some parts of real DeLorean added to the silhouet(ah how do you spell it?), like add glowing coils or the DMC logo at the front.. So it looks more like a car.. The original VC intro had something different that made it look real

Edited by RGi

Hmmm, looking at the car silhouettes on the stock VC intro, sure I can add a black part to look like the windshield. That and having the wheels blacked out was the only detailing the VC intro had.

Do you know what Chroma Keying is? And does your video editor have it?

I didn't until you posted those examples. I use Sony Vegas 7 for my videos, so i'm guessing that should be able to do it.

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0d, and i must say i am pretty good at editing for a 15 year old if i do say so myself :rolleyes: , that 0.2f video wasn't my best work. So, looks like for the opening video to 0.2f your gonna have silhouettes of the delorean and stuff, but DON'T have the vice city theme song, this is going to be a full conversion mod, but we don't need a remembrance for vice city in the opening video, you could include a small Easter Egg in the 1955 map/1985 map/2015 map....ect, that pays tribute to vice city on which we used the framework to build this fabulous, breathtaking, outstanding, fun filled mod that everyone will want to go....

Back To The Future!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(hums BTTF theme in head, tear shows at corner of eye!)

Edited by Mike

What if we get our own orchestra to make BttF theme? :lol:

or, we could get a video that i saw of a guy playing back to the future theme on electric guitar!, it sounded pretty cool!!!, no copyright infringement there!

EDIT: just saw panthercaws idea, they seem pretty good too!

Edited by BTTF Forever

ok, ok, bad idea. FINE!!!, Keep the vice city music as a tribute to VICE CITY!!

My reason for keeping the VC theme is because, so long as the editing is done correctly, it works. Just look at the old video ricardodude made several years ago, still my favorite intro for the mod.

Didn't Blue say something about his piano version of the intro?

Didn't Blue say something about his piano version of the intro?

He was working on one to use as the loading music in the SA mod, though I don't know how far he has progressed with recording the whole theme.

Oh.. But can you just take YouTube video content for free? :huh: I mean, use videos audio

Sign in to follow this