Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
12padams

Latest Cleo Source 20091014 is very buggy

Ok i always download the new cleo source every update and i am very proud at blue for posting massive improvements and features very quickly.

Although i am starting to come across many bugs...

1. I noticed this bug in version 20091009 (but it may still be in the latest version..)

Its 1st jan 2000 at 6:00am get a time machine and send it 1 minute into the future.

Of couse it will come out 1 minute later as planed... Then hey why not now spawn a different time machine and go back in time 1 minute and watch it again..

THIS IS WHERE THE BUG KICKS IN!!!!

when you go back 1 minute the time machine that was supposed to come out and appear in 1 minute is still in the same place as it was before you went back in time 1 minute... (even though it should not have come out of the portal or whatever yet...

then continue and wait to see if the time machine comes out and it will not.. so that needs to be fixed

2.ok these are errors in the latest version 20091014...

The new spawning by pressing 2 is really cool much better then suddenly being in the time machine...

But it does sometimes get stuck in buildings and other objects. Then needs to be some special code that allows it to detect if it will get stuck and if there is no room available spawn to the nearest spot where there is room (sorry my description of the code sucks but remember i am not a programmer)

3.REMOTE CONTROL BUGS

there are heaps i found after playing for 3 minutes

1.you can't see the speedometer so you have no idea how fast your traveling...

2.once you do time travel in rc mode and wait a while for the time machine to reappear it will not re appear...

3. try pressing r a few times after you have just sent a time machine back in time with rc mode...

This will cause you to go in rc mode on an invisible car that you can drive around and make it look like people and cars are just dieing randomey. You can also drive this car upto yourself and get inside the car...

I could probably find heaps more bugs but thats all i could find after playing for 10 minutes.

Its really good thats for what you have done so far

Future Improvements:

1. fix the listed bugs and any otheres that pop up.

2. sending the delorean back in time 1 minute really does not make sence because if it went back in time 1 minute shouldn't it be suddenly in the middle of the road and a bunch of cars suddenly appear waitinging in the present???

3. (Hard) lets pretend you just traveled to 2009 then drive in a loop and time travel again you should be able to go back intime and watch the delorean (with you in it) come out of a portal(or whatever the two flashes are called) and drive in a loop by itself and go though another portal.

4. get a towtruck or whatever other vehicle you can think of and park it somewhere then go into the future 1 minute and it will be gone... then go back in time 1 minute and it will also be gone. How about it accually stays where you put it unless your time traveling more then a day...

5. Time travel currently has no effect on what everything around you looks like... e.g. wow i cant believe back 1000 years ago they had moden cars and buildings...

You get what i mean it just needs to have that bttf vc 0.2e feel to it.

I am sure you could just grab some random cars and use them in your mod untill you or someone else makes them for this mod,

Anyway thanks for reading BLUE:)

oh and one more thing thanks for turning the "mini mod" into a mod "almost"

Edited by 12padams

Too be totally honest.

I didn't do any testing other then making sure it still time travels :P

The source isn't meant to be the stable release version anyway. So of course its going to be very buggy.

I would only be concerned if it said "Latest 0.1.3.3 is very buggy"

Well, I thought the point of you releasing the source codes is to have people report bugs (beta testing).

I dont even get a DeLorean, I just hear the explosions, then when the DeLorean should "roll out" -OP the game crashes

EDIT: I tried it again, deleted the two folders and .ini and put a set of fresh ones in, but now SA wont even run! As soon as I double click on the icon, I get the SEND ERROR REPORT and DONT SEND thing

Edited by hscitpe

@hscitpe:

Are you sure you didn't delete streams.ini (or however the file is called)? Because this is a stock SA .ini that is required for it to run.

Simply reinstall the game, install 0.1.3.2, delete the Cleo folder, install the latest source and then it should work.

Too be totally honest.

I didn't do any testing other then making sure it still time travels :P

The source isn't meant to be the stable release version anyway. So of course its going to be very buggy.

I would only be concerned if it said "Latest 0.1.3.3 is very buggy"

im confused you said you would be concerned if it said lastest 0.1.3.3 is very buggy Ive checked moddb.com and here and I dont see it :o

"Think McFly, think"

He meant if 0.1.3.3 already was released and it was that buggy, he'd be concerned. What he also meant is that the Cleo Source is not a stable release, it is for us, the community, to test it on bugs and report them.

...it is for us, the community, to test it on bugs and report them.

That's what I said. <_<

1. Finding bugs and reporting them are what the source codes are for. If the source codes lack features, don't complain about it. Only complain if it is a main release. :P

2. Why would you want to send it 1 minute back in time in the first place?

3. It's already proven a "Past Self" feature is impossible to do (both in VC and SA), if that's what you were pointing.

4. It's a "natural" or normal GTA3/GTA:VC/GTA:SA thing to see a vehicle disappear if either you go far enough from it, or you instruct the game via code/mod to clear the area out of peds and vehicles, which what time travel does in the VC and SA mods. Making specific non-time machine vehicles remain where (and when) they are is as impossible as the Past Self feature.

5. Just wait until Blue implements the map stuff. As Blue said, everything that goes or will go in VC would go in SA.

6. And I thought this mod is better than 0.2e. Don't expect everything to be perfect. This is a MOD.

That's what I said. <_<

Yeah, sadly people need to hear (or read) it more often than once to understand it.

Sorry for the EXTREMELY long bump but I needed to answer this

@hscitpe:

Are you sure you didn't delete streams.ini (or however the file is called)? Because this is a stock SA .ini that is required for it to run.

Simply reinstall the game, install 0.1.3.2, delete the Cleo folder, install the latest source and then it should work.

streams.ini is there, any other ideas?

Edited by hscitpe

Just don't delete anything apart from the CLEO folder next time :P.

Sign in to follow this