:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
delorean88us

Time Circuit Keypad Entry

ANYWAY back on the topic of the thread...

I like the keypad entry, but I think the sounds need more work. The sound in the first video on this thread, despite it being the same tone, was still MUCH more movie accurate than the sounds in the second video. In the second video, the sound is more....uh basic than the former (if that makes sense). Sounds more like an old cell phone ring would sound compared to one today. And in general, I thought it just sounded too much like someone recorded dialing their phone.

Not trying to be mean, offering constructive criticism. I vote the original sound better. People are going to type in their times so fast anyway they won't even notice. The more critical sound is that of the time being entered into the time circuits, and you guys already got that down.

Either way though excited for the new feature!

thats fine. The only reason we had the new sounds was because I got too lazy in trying to find the sounds in the audio folder, so I just straight copied them from mytime.

They're not really new sounds, but more of placeholders.

Eh, well it was me who was bugging Blue to add the DTMF tones, personally I think they are perfect, and makes the VC version match up to it's SA counterpart.

i was wondering, when you start a new game in 0.2f, is their a way to make it read off the computers clock, so when you play the game at 10:00 o'clock at night, the game starts a new game at 10:00.

I guess if that were possible, you would have already implemented it, right?

PS: also reads computer clocks year, month, day (obviously!!)

Edited by BTTF Forever

mentioned it already, lol.

It has been more than once, in both the SA and VC forums.

Edited by Joe Statler

are you talking about the request, or me saying that I can do it?

The only downside is that seconds won't sync up. At least not yet.

Actually, I thought of a way to sync up seconds, but we'll see.

Matching up with the computer time and date does sound pretty fun, that way it isn't stuck on the date of the release on the start of a new game, and you can time travel from then, that means when 2015 rolls around you don't have to do the Libyan mission anymore to time travel.

or you just change your pc time to what time period you want XD

Its really easy to do so using C++'s built in time function, as shown here http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/ctime/asctime/

/* asctime example */

#include <stdio.h>

#include <time.h>

int main ()

{

time_t rawtime;

struct tm * timeinfo;

time ( &rawtime );

timeinfo = localtime ( &rawtime );

printf ( "The current date/time is: %s", asctime (timeinfo) );

return 0;

}
Output: The current date/time is: Sat May 20 15:21:51 2000

I'd just get the time char* from asctime and use delimiters to break them up into their proper sections.

Assuming Windows has this function. I know Linux does.

are you talking about the request, or me saying that I can do it?

Requested.

Now if this option does get implemented into the mod, when v1.0 comes out will you guys still have it in affect or will you begin the game on the same date the movie begins (Oct. 25, 1985)? Seems like a stupid question but I do need some clarification.

Edited by Joe Statler

Doc-1.jpg

Damn have I been waiting for this....

Edited by raybob

Obviously 1.0 is gonna start on October 25th 1985. Until then, I'd just keep it as the date of release, it's not like there is an actual use in having it start at the current date/time.

Obviously 1.0 is gonna start on October 25th 1985. Until then, I'd just keep it as the date of release, it's not like there is an actual use in having it start at the current date/time.

Its super easy to make it start at the actual time though, lol.

Then again, since the C++ code is about 10 times harder to make it compile, I'd probably keep it to the release date so people can safely edit the scm code and start whenever they want.

Hmm. I know this isn't quite the place to do this, but Blue, do me a favor and drop me an e-mail when you get a chance.

Also, suggestion to DK's animation is to make Marty "stand" and reach his whole body out to close the strap, kind of what you would do to close a gull-wing door.

Guest Praise Yahweh!

I disagree, for if you have the time start as the computers clock, then you start at...well, the current time, and day. But if you have it as the release date...it's hard to explain! I'll put it like this: Why have a "random" time, when you should have the exact time?