Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

GTA SA Troubleshooting Source: 20091009 or Higher

Multiple Time Machines are broke if you send a car off a building and time travel yourself to it. Retry booms appear but no car comes out.

ok, just test multiple time machines without time travelling.

Since these deloreans aren't persistent, they get erased.

The Time Circuits are their own, Set One the other one doesn't have the same Time setting. :thumbup:

Spawning a Delorean before the Wasted Screen (You are declared injured) pops up, will cause a crash.

oh, don't be like me and not notice that the time circuits have the destination time set to the day before the current date when testing outside time travel. That might be why they don't come back.

It's hard to test the MTM feature without RC

...so I used the Gravity Gun mod instead. Easier and faster than towing it to 88. Just aim, magnetize, then shoot. :P

Here are the bugs I found so far. I still have piano lessons to take care of, so I only got this far:

- Tried the spawn bug, but no crash. The DeLorean can't be spawned at all in the Wasted Screen.

- Sending a DeLorean, then spawning a DeLorean then time traveling with it will cause the DeLorean you sent to get erased (same bug as PC's)

The DeLoreans you sent, either in ground mode or flying mode, should return just fine (in the same speed apparently) as long as you don't time travel before they return and you don't send them in a past time.

I know why it gets erased. Remember how the deloreans aren't persistent? Well, guess what happens when I erase all cars and peds so they don't carry over when you time travel....

I use gtasa center. Maybe I'll add a debug file to accelerate the car.

Good

Updated the source. Should have the mtm issue fixed, and has a debug code so you can send any car to > 88 mph immediately by pressing "\"

Which I'm sure some of you might use as a cheat <<

Everything is good so far. Only one bug is left -- the coils bug.

gallery5.jpg

(Had to use CJ's camera to take this pic; for some reason, the DeLorean or some of the parts of it disappear in the screenshot whenever use print screen)

Like I've said before, the coils turn on by themselves after a couple of minutes. While in this state, it becomes unable to time travel. You'll have to wait for another couple of minutes so coils can turn off and the DeLorean can time travel again.

Also, can you have it so that if the player goes in the same destination time as the DeLorean he sent via RC/autopilot, both the player's DeLorean and the RC one would appear the same time, much like VC?

At the moment, the RC DeLorean appears ahead of the player's. Also, speaking of MTMs, are you also planning to do Past/Future DeLoreans, or are we just gonna have the MTM?

And I think I know what DK meant by fixing the "calendar system" (he meant the date/time system). When you die or start missions or finish missions, the hours and minutes pass, but the date doesn't. As a result, you time travel to the past at will. :lol:

Sign in to follow this