daangelo29

Morpher or Transformers

Morpher or Transformers  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod should I work on?

• Morpher Mod
    • Transformers Mod
    • Both

I was working on my Transformers mod, when I came up of something for a mod that's similar to TF and Prototype -- CJ can shape-shift like some sort of stretchable elastic tough material that can copy almost all objects or people around him and shape-shift to them. Now I'm wondering which to work on. Both mods work similarly.

For you guys, which of the two would you prefer the most?

Morpher Mod

• CJ can copy any ped or vehicle (ground or air) that's nearest to him. If it is a ped in a vehicle, either only the vehicle, or both the ped and the vehicle in one will be copied and morphed into. I am yet to know if I can also copy other stuff like wheels/boxes/etc..
  • For each form, you can acquire "special abilities" based on the form, i.e. transforming to a Ballas gang member would allow you to recruit Ballas gang men, or transforming to a police would allow you to lock your wanted level to 0
  • Shape-shifting to another allows you to evade police instantly.
  • Shape-shifting to cars would also give you the ability to "customize the form" like a car "at will". And "car damages" are no big worry for you.
  • Though you can transform to cars, you are still treated as a . Crash to a wall at high speeds, for instance, costs health. However, you can, in a way, use the form itself as a sort of armor to reduce the damage you take.
  • You can "acquire" weapons or tools through shape-shifting.
  • He can shift back to normal anytime.
  • You can change clothes, even those you haven't bought, by simply shape-shifting.
  • I've already experimented with the shape-shifting-to-peds thing when I was working with my Disguise Mod, so it won't take me that long to make this.
  • You can technically turn this mod on or off, but it will be in a form of object -- You'll need to find a vial of experimental goo and drink it to turn to shape-shifting CJ. You can also just throw the vial to the ground, and it will act as a sort of molotov c**ktail that burns people or makes cars explode lol
  • Other than being able to copy forms, I'll also be providing CJ's own special forms, each having special abilities, i.e. CJ can turn his entire body to pure armor that takes less to no damage.

Transformers Mod

• As the name suggests, it's basically based from the original TF and the current live-action TF films
  • You can turn on this mod anytime you want, but once activated, you cannot start or do any mission. If you're in a mission, either you can't turn it on at all or the mission will be canceled.
  • There will be 2 types of Transformers: Speed and Power Transformers. Speed TFs move faster, but execute weak (but fast) attacks and have fewer weapons (their special weapons would be melee ones), while Power TFs would be the opposite (their special weapons are all heavy artillery).
  • In vehicle form, you can switch to another vehicle by simply approaching it near enough, scanning it. You can, however, only copy those that belong to the type of TF you chose.
  • You can customize the vehicle form "at will."
  • The weapons that will be used will be based on the type of TF and the form you choose.
  • Ammo is unlimited, of course.
  • The robot forms are only limited to 9 (2 for Air TFs, 2 for Ground TFs and 2 for Water TFs).
  • Though you can just step on the puny humans below, their weapons are still effective against you.
  • Good for multiplayer.
  • It will take me HELL long to make this mod, with the code and models.

I'd say stick to the Morpher mod, it sounds funny, plus you'll probably learn more things that can be adapted into the TF mod at a later date ;)

I'm just gonna update my previous Disguise Mod to become the Morpher Mod. The mod already allows CJ to "copy", "paste" and "undo", all 3 being separate abilities, so you can copy a ped's appearance, then just morph to him or her any time you want, and even take another form while already in a form of a ped.

I'm gonna release the Disguise Mod as a beta version of the Morpher Mod soon, so you guys can test it out and have an idea how it would work. At the moment, I can't officially release it on GTAGarage or anywhere else because of a certain "copyright infringement" problem with PatrickW and Dutchy3010's MPACK mod Citizens which works similarly to this.

Consider it also a "Prototype" mod because of the similarity. :lol:

Now to find a vial model, anyone here knows where I can find one or knows how to make it for me? (I'll credit you for the latter, of course)

Isn't there one in the game, the mission after 'area69' where you have to steal the jetpack, there is a train missin where you get the jetpack and fly to the train to steal the 'green goo'! God knows what model it is but if you look at that mission in the SCM it'll tell you :P

lol forgot about that. I've been using my 100% complete saved game since, so I forgot. :lol:

And in addition to the "experimental goo" vial, I'll also add a "cure vial" as a trigger to deactivate the mod. :)

OMG!!!!! I want to know how you made to use the saved game??? I can't use it with gta sa bttf mod and your cleos :cry: so can you tell me?

You can't load the saved games at all?

Speaking of which, can anyone help me look for a particle or set of particles present in SA that's good as effects for the shape-shifting?

Seems like everyone. Note that if I were to work on both, it's likely that I'll finish the Morpher Mod way before the TF mod.

You can't load the saved games at all?

Yep... I downloaded some saved games... but they don't work with the BTTF mod :cry: can you help me?

OK. And on what version did you install the mod?

If it was smth. ≠ 1.0 you could need a set of 1.0 main.scm and script.img.

In other words, if it is a 1.1 or 2.0 or any version higher than 1.0, then they wouldn't work unless you replace the main.scm and script.img with ones from version 1.0.

But by the looks of it it appears you have 1.0 -- you wouldn't download saved games for a certain version if that version isn't the version of the game you have -- correct? :P (That's unless you don't know or you're not exactly sure what you're using right now)

Anyways, the Disguise Mod (or Morpher Mod beta) will up soon...hopefully. Here are its features so far:

• The mod has three functions: "Copy", "Paste" and "Undo". All there work separately, so you can copy a ped's appearance/form and shift to that form anytime you want. You can undo the shift anytime you want, or shift to another form while already in ped form.
  • You can evade police instantly by shape-shifting, but to evade them completely you'll have to remain in the form for 40 seconds. Shape-shift back to CJ in less than 30 seconds and you'll get your wanted level back. Shape-shifting back after 30-39 seconds would give you back your wanted level, but it's suspended (the stars are flashing), so as long as you don't commit another crime, you're safe. Suspended wanted stars should disappear if you wait long enough.
  • Shape-shifting to a police, SWAT trooper or soldier will give you the ability to commit crime without getting any wanted stars. Your wanted level will be locked at 0 until you shift to another form or you undo the shape-shift.
  • You'll still keep your possessions and stuff while in another form, of course.

I'm not sure if I should make the #2 feature rely on its own built-in invisible timer, or the game's clock to know how many seconds you remained in ped form, because if I make it game clock-reliant and you guys have a Real Time mod installed, you'll wait for more than 40 MINUTES to evade the police. If I use a timer, it wouldn't be accurate and it would be buggy.

Hmm... Then make the time smaller like 1-3 minutes... Don't try to change the game time... Try to change your feature time :P good luck :D

Edited by Strong Bad

Yeah put it down to 3 secs that way its three mins in realtime game. Or 0.3 secs, if its posible :P

lol I was wrong about the timer. Will be using the timer.

I'll add a timer in the HUD (something I've never thought of before lol) that will tell you how many seconds you have left to stay in the form to evade the police. Also, I just learned that I CAN make it so the wanted level wouldn't disappear at all but you won't be chased around by the police in ped form. They'll completely ignore you in the form.

Sign in to follow this