:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

BTTF2 Autopilot

Ok, so it's essentially the same thing as before, except this time it takes longer to land, but, will fly to you before landing?

well yeah. If its going to fly to where you are, it's going to take longer <<

kinda cool. what's the range on this sucker? e.g. if you sent it through time on one side of SA, and then drove/flew via another vehicle to the other side of the map, would it still come find you when it re-enters?

I still think it would give more gameplay fun to have the player be able to control it via RC. or like Mini said, have both features.

sadly no. Remember the whole car reference thing and not being able to store into the garage. Because of that, the Delorean isn't persistent, so even if I did code RC, the delorean would disappear on reentry if it was that far away.

And no, I'm going for autopilot being BTTF2's unique feature

and RC being BTTF1's unique feature

and the train being BTTF3's unique feature

And it would be epic if you could interrupt it while comes back and then RC it :D.

if you want an example of an epic thing for the flying delorean, have it go forward in time, start some gang war or something around that spot, wait for it to come back, get in, and then run away, lol.

i like the autopilot feature. especially the last when it comes and lands near you. thats awesome.

Oh, reminds me of a thing had in mind for spawning:

You press 2, and in front of you the DeLorean re-enters, just as if it was a regular Timetravel.

And now having seen this I think it could even be combined with it, the DeLorean reenters in the sky and then lands just in front of you.

Or, an even better idea for this is, to skip the long landing wait thing, is make the BTTF2 Autopilot thing do what Doc did at the end of BTTF1 or the Beginning of BTTF2... That way, you won't have to wait a long time for the Delorean to fly back and land next to you :D

No, I mean like. Have the Delorean make a similar maneuver but not have the camera right in front of the car...

EDIT: Oh nvm. I see what you meant. Well, I worded that wrongly. I meant like.. make it shorter because the Delorean would re-entry above you...ish.. That way it won't be like 2 miles away from you and trying to find you again..

Edited by Fishy-Fish

That's what I mean. Since at the beginning of BTTF2, Doc turns the Delorean around and flies back over Marty's house, I was thinking you could do a similar thing and have the Delorean do that to you and fly over you as in BTTF2. Then that way, the Delorean will re-enter above you and land next to you, reducing the time for it to locate and land next to you...

Yeah, I'd like that too.

It at first takes some startup, does a turn and then comes back leaving nearly above your head :D.

Yeah, your idea is simpler. But it'd be a pain (not really, but if it were to go on like this forever it would be) to just stand there and wait for the Delorean to find you and land next to you while it could just time travel over your head and land next to you in 20 seconds. In that last video you posted in this topic, it took a full minute and 15 seconds (something like that) for it to find you and land next to you :(

so? In your idea, the delorean has to take off, go to a position far enough to go 88, and I dare not use boost, slow down to near a stop, then turn around, wait a bit to make a full 180, then boost to 88. Then it comes back, it has to slow down, and then land next to you.

I'm just saying, if you wanted to send the delorean one minute into the future, having it go forward, then time travel over your head takes a really long time that that minute might be up.

Another problem. If its over your head....You can't see it when it time travels.