:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Hill Valley 2015 Map for SA

i'm sure not, as we all know your like the houdini of the modding world. :P

also gives another idea......starting the game on the date on your pc, since c++ CAN get the date from your computer......

wow, i'm sorry it's a little early. what are you talking about?

ok, i didnt know if you meant something diff. :P

AWWW, thats....thats not cool. It's like the Railroad Tracks, if it's done, why keep it and not let people enjoy it.

And besides, it's not like one would be done before the other. They'll get done at the same time anyways.

buildings, dummies, ptrnode, ipl files, colmodels, collision trees, quadtreenodes, quadtreenodes2, matdatapool, atmdatapool, polygons, objects, streaming memory, timed objects, and ide

say blue, what do you recommend setting the streaming memory too?

sadly, after adjusting those limits, it loads 2/3 and then crashes. i get this:

crashh.jpg

i mustve done something wrong.

Edited by Trancelikestate

hmm, i would never say you are wrong, but that confuses me. could i have perhaps set a limit beyond that which is realistic? with large values i increased by a hundred and smaller values by 10 or 5, since i'm kinda just testing this. i tested each limit with no probs till i loaded over 3 models as usual. but it loaded further than it usually does which says i'm onto something. :P

got the lights working. think theyre big enough?

lightx.jpg

;) yeah thats cool. the 55 one must be good. the reason u can see through the lake is cuz theres no face there. i was gonna put it low enough to the SA water to make it have real water in it ;)

But if you do this, you'll probaly get overflooded streets.

only if the weather is bad and the waves are big. if you use the SA water level editor you can set the wave level to 0 and the water to whatever you want. therefore no prob. :) but i dont usually have a prob anyway.

Ok, so i added a small environment with mountains around the downtown section so its not surrounded by water. and also here is the skyway in the daytime. first time i ever modeled mountains so... keep that in mind. :)

oh and theres obviously no LOD models. :P

Ok, so i added a small environment with mountains around the downtown section so its not surrounded by water. and also here is the skyway in the daytime. first time i ever modeled mountains so... keep that in mind. :)

oh and theres obviously no LOD models. :P

how did you get your delorean in normal silver? If i install 0.1.3.2 i get an almost white delorean. Ow and by the way, maybe you should think of an other place to put 2015 in. Hill valley looks nice, but the other models look way too basic. Not that i could do better :P.

@PPT

Your new signature image is too big, again. The height needs to be changed to at most 150pixels.

On Topic: I see that the mountain models have problems loading or load slowly at least. Is that your graphics card causing that or is it a game glitch?

Edited by Joe Statler

prob my POS graphics card. and theres no LODmodels for them so theyre only visible up close.

PPT, yeah i did it mostly for effect. ;)

i don't like it , too much sketchup , it's look like a cartoon

Well, you need to keep in mind it is his first project. For this he did a job that's quite OK ;).

Ok, I thought you tried to say he should give up :D.

Sign in to follow this