Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Hill Valley 2015 Map for SA

Screw it, we're all thiefs if were using someone elses game, perhaps trancelikestate meant it as homage to Jack Sparrow. Perhaps?

I was being ironical.

Everybody likes a short cut, what trance didn't figure was that SA and VC have one of the worst graphis engines ever.

i just wanted to convert a quick model for people to play if they like. i'm a wannabe? have you seen any models i've created from scratch? do you know if i even have any? yeah maybe its not the best, but i'm hardly a wannabe. how many other fan made maps do you see posted here?

and way the be open and receptive to new people. nice to meet you too LGisby. something that was meant to be fun and perhaps intresting for people since you all havnt made a 2015 map yet. i can only be so offended since i didnt make that model. but you dont even know me or my skills. its just disheartening to hear such disrespect. do you even know what common courtesy and constructive criticism are? and even if someone wasnt as good as you, your gonna call them wannabes? dude, you suck. you must be lead modeler cuz your social skills are completly obsolete. this forum has more DB's than any other forum i've been on, and that includes GTAforums. Bold statement.

If you came to colorado and tried to learn how to ski or snowboard, the last thing i would do is laugh at you or call u a wannabee as i snicker with those in my tight nit, strict criteria community. even though you'd prob flail.

Edited by Trancelikestate

Whoa whoa, calm down people. This is the internet, take a chill pill already.

I will say this in his defence, Liam kinda has a right to be a bit c**ky, have you actually seen his models and the detail that goes into them? They make sketchup models look like kid's work. Hours of work goes into each in and every model he has made for the mod, (months in the case of the clocktower) making sure each and every detail is just right. That sketchup HV is mediocre at best, very slapdash in the way it was put together, with hardly any attention to detail (Observation not a criticism, and I know it wasn’t made by you, all you are doing is putting it into SA).

Liam is that good, in my opinion he should really be working in game development, not messing around making models for a mod with a bunch of small timers like us. But he is here for the same reason as most of us, for our love of the movies.

So i got it working well, and thnx to mini me, i can use the SA map cleaner w/the BTTF SA mod. I still havnt got it pre lit, as i cant get the radiosity solution right. it always says invalid. we have already established the quality of the model. anyways the quality of the model aside, please just try to enjoy the video. i have a ton of fun riding pumas hoverboard around and of course flying the delorean. if you guys want, i can make this version available for download.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />

its ok, i already know like i said. :P its just fun to play around in.

dude, doing hoverboard stunts in this little stuntzone is really getting uber fun.

1885 hill valley would fit in perfectly with san andreas on the account that san andreas is a desert area too and i believe one area is almost the same as the 1955 drive in.

Actually every hill valley era would work in SA. One example is the fact that there's greenery models (trees, bushes, etc...) that look like the greenery in 1885/1955/1985/2015 Hill Valley.

Holy cow dude! Did you even import a ped or a car for scale reference before you exported the models!? :o

To put it simply;

• Off scale (by a long way)

• Needs pre-lighting (having bright textures is not a shortcut!)

• Textures are too close to childish (but thats not so important right now)

Using sketch up how many col errors do you have?

If you intend to release this it needs a lot of work ;)

Converting the models and doing it in Max might be a good start :P

Edited by Orgcon

yeah, i know it needs work, and of course i imported a car for scale. the prob is the model isnt uniformly scale to begin with. one door is super tall, one is tiny. and yes i did say it needed prelighting :P

oh and as far as the col, it was real bad but it's almost perfect now. just some tiny bugs. and of course i had to convert them in max. yeah it has bad textures but i didnt make this sucker :P

do you think the scale is too small?

Edited by Trancelikestate

Yes, "by a long way" its like a kiddies playground :lol: I'd say it needs to be half a size more.

yeah it could be bigger i think, its just like i said some buildings are already big while others are small, but i'll check it out.

that's why you put in the NEVER WANTED cheat code. Oh sh*t that's right, you disabled the cheat system.

ok, so look how bright this building is after prelighting. the deloreans headlights are shining on it and it looks cool, but so bright. is it supposed to be so bright? all the buildings light up like that when headlights hit them.

jawsk.jpg

also i scaled it up as previously suggested.

Sign in to follow this