Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Hill Valley 2015 Map for SA

hey guys! check this out!! its a 2015 map for SA! I DID NOT MODEL THIS, i am merely converting it for SA which is no easy task. There is still obviously a ton of work to still be done. Although its so high poly that my game really drags, so i dunno what to do about that. This model came from google warehouse where there are a few other HV models. the original author is koen " jack sparrow " jespers. Nothing is pre lit, there a few faces i need to add, and so on. just wanted you guys to see it and maybe gimme some input. i wish it didnt make my game drag a$$ so bad.

82537987.jpg

58985922.jpg

66773648.jpg

I'm also adding in game trees later. ;) anyone know how to make this thing run better without gutting it?

thnx mini me. i did say i had more work to do on it mike :P

thnx mini me. i did say i had more work to do on it mike :P

Oh I'm not knocking your ability for getting the models into SA, I'm just saying looking at those, our currently completed 1955 models are a lot more detailed/accurate.

Exactly, that's why I didn't say it's good ;).

Especially the lake is funny, you can see through it on the streets among you.

;) yeah thats cool. the 55 one must be good. the reason u can see through the lake is cuz theres no face there. i was gonna put it low enough to the SA water to make it have real water in it ;) Edited by Trancelikestate

is it the lighting? super colorful? :P yeah it does look good in sketchup, but i put so much time into it i feel like i gotta make it as good as i can and finish it.

I really think its the lighting. oh well. the letters on the buildings and signs are 3d and high poly. if i turn them into flat textures it will reduce the poly count significantly i think.

its split into 2 pieces right now. 1 is 31,000 and the other is 21,000. so bout 52,000. i think the letters are making a diff and of course i'll trim out anything thats not needed.

hmmm, why's it drag so bad then??

my system is decent, but it may have something to do with it. i'llpost the specs if ya like.

Edited by Trancelikestate

How many textures are there and what quality are they? If there is 100 textures and all of them are 1024x1024 then its gonna lagg like a biatch on a not so good system! ;)

Edited by Orgcon

theres 107 textures, but theyre all 1.778x1.778 inches. i could maybe cut those back too by subbing textures over others and deleting em.

Edited by Trancelikestate

Trance, I don't mean to belittle your work, but the source your using is sh*t, it makes me want to vomit through my eyes, and I should know.

Trance, I don't mean to belittle your work, but the source your using is sh*t, it makes me want to vomit through my eyes, and I should know.

Wow you are such a nice guy :lol::rotfl:

Funny maybe, but everything I do comes from scratch, no guide, no base model, no helping hand.

This just smacks of trying to use someone elses work as a shortcut.

Sign in to follow this