Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA BTTF Mod 0.1.X Development

Will you add it that the hover conversion doesn't remove passengers? Simple 3-liner:

0432: 9@ = get_actor_handle_from_car 0@ passenger_seat 0

0362: remove_actor 9@ from_car_and_place_at 1@ 2@ 3@
and after the car is created:
0430: put_actor 9@ into_car 0@ passenger_seat 0

:P.

actually, more like

0432: 9@ = get_actor_handle_from_car 0@ passenger_seat 0

if 

not Actor.Dead(9@)

then

0362: remove_actor 9@ from_car_and_place_at 1@ 2@ 3@

end
if

not Actor.Dead(9@)

then

0430: put_actor 9@ into_car 0@ passenger_seat 0

end

I never had passengers, so It never occured to me to have this happen, lol.

Yeah, I needed to find a prostitute for this to test :P.

I like how she decides that's her car when I leave it, :lol:.

For some reasons I have problems with uploading videos to photobucket, you have any suggestions for me?

building on this, I also made it so the delorean could be hover converted regardless of having a driver inside or not.

lol, they're afraid of timetravellers :D.

Good work :thumbs:!

And my video finally works, too. Stupid Photobucket.

Makes sense, such loud explosions can be frightening.

Neat. Outside time travel + non-disappearing passenger + frightened peds. Stuff I've been hoping to see in this mod. :D

I hope the non-disappearing passenger would work on missions where an important character in the mission needs a ride.

For the frightened peds, can you have it so the peds would either drive fast away from where the DeLorean "exploded", pretty much like how peds would react at the flying DeLorean, or be at complete shock and stop where they are, instead of going out of their vehicles and running away like chickens, which I think is not realistic?

Can't wait for the source code to try 'em out. I hope all of them will be out in 0.1.3.3.

I hope the non-disappearing passenger would work on missions where an important character in the mission needs a ride.

Like when doc and marty went back to 1955 from 1985A. Or do you mean a stock SA mission?

Edited by Joe Statler

oh that? Its been working for a very long time now. Ever since 0.1.1. Hasn't changed. TT I mean.

Hover was a bit different, but its fixed now.

Yes it would. The car never gets deleted.

If that only was the same with the hover conversion :D. Because in the races you nor can destroy your car neither you can simply pick a different.

Just tested the source code. It was a bug-fest

1. Whenever I do "inside time traveling", and the "paradox bug" occurred after re-entry. It can be fixed by switching to flying or on-ground.
  2. When I first tested the outside time travel, it was able to travel, but it didn't return at the expected time. I entered the make cars explode cheat so I can spawn another DeLorean, then when I set the destination time to the current time, that was the only time the DeLorean I sent came back. This only occurred once -- after this, outside time travel works fine.
  3. I recognized that a Vagos had fire trails coming out of where he stands, and following him around as though he's the DeLorean with the fire trails bug. I wasn't able to take a pic because for some reason the fire trails and other effects don't appear in the screenshot, but it happened when I did all of the things above.[
  4. The flying DeLorean can do outside time travel without problems, but couldn't convert back to ground mode after re-entry.
  5. You guys never told me the flying DeLorean is tow-able. :lol:

(You may have already known these bugs, just posting them to remind you)

I've also tried the pushing DeLorean with the train thing. A ped-driven train didn't work -- it barely reaches 50 mph (without a mod). Tried parking the DeLorean on one part of the train track then driving the train myself there at near maximum or "shaking" speed (106 mph), but the DeLorean disappeared when/before I got there.

Then I came up of carrying the DeLorean to 88 using a freight train, and man it worked. :lol: It was able to time travel before it fell off the train.

I said it was beta, and said I only tested once. I'm not a fan of RC, so I let youse peoples do the grunt work ;)

I'm just gonna try the new 20091007 source code you uploaded. Tell us if you're gonna do anymore fixes with the code...so I can try those, too. I've got plenty of time for beta testing. :P

wait, what? You weren't using the latest one?

Which one were you using then? This latest one is the first one to actually have outside tt fully implemented (I think). Previous versions were never implemented, so they were broken/

I was using the 20091007 WITHOUT the cutscene time travel fix. I saw you just replaced the source code with another one with the fix, so I downloaded that (notice the 1 download count in the download page).

lol, oh.

Then the bugs should be the same then i guess.

So 1's out.

2...are you sure you set the right date?

3, dunno

4, will fix

Sign in to follow this