Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Fire Trails & Implosion

I hate the new photobucket player, it takes an ice age for the videos to load even when playing them directly.

Looks good though :thumbs: (I did at least get the latest 2 videos to load)

@Angelo, do you have hell on the brain or something? :lol:

@Angelo, do you have hell on the brain or something? :lol:

Removed my previous post. The progress's too fast that I'm having a hard time catching up. :lol:

What I meant was, is there any way to make the implosion/explosion bigger and slower (as slow as 1 second, like DK said, instead of 0.6 seconds), without making it look like a slide show (meaning the "animation" of the implosion isn't smooth)?

Why 1 second? The explosion I'm basing it off didn't even go past a second. And that was where we got the sound from.

Anyway, just never mind what I've said. I made that post because the implosions/explosions were smaller a while ago, not knowing you already made 'em bigger.

Can't wait to try it out once the source code is up (which will be by tomorrow, like what you've said).

that does look awesome. so, when u release the source code, do we put it in sanny builder and compile it ourselves?

that seems typical to SA

Edited by Trancelikestate

hahaha ok sorry to sound like an arse.

and i ment the bug seemed typical to SA

Edited by Trancelikestate

ok fixed disappearing car bug. I guess the only time it would occur is right when time travelling, but the cars won't disappear anymore when it runs into the fire trails.

Do the fire trails actually harm you in SA? for example, you wouldn't expect to stand in a flame and for nothing to happen. Is it possible that if you stand in the flame for x amount of time, you will set on fire.

ok nvm. Just got pushed to 88 and the fbi didn't disappear.

They don't harm you. Otherwise Marty and Doc would have been burning when the fire trail went through their feet. Besides, technically, its not fire. Its plasma.

cheers for the codes got the old wormhole working ,will the other codes not work i tried the firetrail,explosion and flash and they dont seem to do anything ?

yeah, but you'll time travel too.

I'll just have to wait for RC time travel, then. If you're not thinking of adding RC, you'll need to code it so the DeLorean can't time travel without a driver. Speaking of which, how does cutscene time travel work actually? Did you do it like in VC, or do you just make the DeLorean invisible and turn off the collision models or something like that?

Besides, technically, its not fire. Its plasma.

Isn't plasma suppose to be hotter than fire or as hot as lightning? lol, I know it's a different kind of "plasma" but I don't know why they call them one.

there is a slight bug though that any car that wanders into the fire trails disappears.

"Don't worry marty I didn't disintegrate anything" :lol:

I'll just have to wait for RC time travel, then. If you're not thinking of adding RC, you'll need to code it so the DeLorean can't time travel without a driver. Speaking of which, how does cutscene time travel work actually? Did you do it like in VC, or do you just make the DeLorean invisible and turn off the collision models or something like that?

Isn't plasma suppose to be hotter than fire or as hot as lightning? lol, I know it's a different kind of "plasma" but I don't know why they call them one.

Its so different from VC that its not funny. Where VC purposely sticks you in its own cinematic mode and does lots of magic, SA keeps the camera the way it is, creates an object and attaches the Delorean to it so it doesn't go flying off, and makes it invisible and collision free. Among other things.

What about plasma tv's? They're not hot like fire. xD

I was thinking of nixing RC and replacing with an autopilot.

I was thinking of nixing RC and replacing with an autopilot.

By autopilot do you mean autodrive, as in the autodrive you made for KITT? Because as I recall the SA version of that kept getting lost :lol:

umm, no. More like taking off in hover mode, then going forward to time travel. BTTF2 only feature :P

Only BTTF1 gets RC. BTTF3 gets nothing. BTTF3rr gets a train.

Also, properties of plasma. In particular, temperature:

~0 K (crystalline non-neutral plasma[11]) to

108 K (magnetic fusion plasma)

Sign in to follow this