Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA BTTF Mod 0.1.3.2 Development

Also added real-time. Gotta love memory addresses and one line code to make things work. Man, VC was so much more complicated because it had no cleo to access the memory address.

If you guys want to add it, just use this line at the beginning of any cs file (preferably date)

0A8C: write_memory 0xB7015C size 4 value 60000 virtual_protect 0

Gonna try the IDE fix later.

What would it look like if we use sparks instead of flame particles for the wheel flames during the time travel sequence? Just wanna know.

sparks.jpg

done that when I played with SA ages ago, and didn't like it. It looked too much like the default tire is flat sparks.

I think this was back with barton's builder, and before 0.2c came along.

Is it possible, then, to make it look more decent with CLEO, like directing the sparks from the bottom of the car towards the ground then bouncing off to the back like in the movies?

Is it possible, then, to make it look more decent with CLEO, like directing the sparks from the bottom of the car towards the ground then bouncing off to the back like in the movies?

Not really possible to bounce them....

I don't like those sparks anyway. Move the camera when they're showing. And these sparks are made to trail based on speed. Besides, highly inaccurate on a bttf1/2 delorean. Bttf3 too, with your sparks the way they are. And impossible to make them spiral around the wheel because of the speed trail.

I also had a thought about fire trails. I can just use 2-8 particles and have them trail, since there is a speed function, plus rotation, for particles.

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the source code that's up in the Download Page the source code of 0.1.3.2? I'm a bit confused at the moment.

hey Blue I'm just curious. Are the Time Circuits compatible with a day/month/year system? or is that no longer part of the deal?

wow I did say that confusing. I guess what I meant to say will the time circuit cleo have to be rewritten if you were going to add a calendar system in a much later version. Sorry for the confusion.

like $CYEAR $CMONTH $CDAYT $CDAYO, like lightning strike on NOV 12 1955, or being able to change what year you start in, that system? or are you saying "What System" as in that's not going to happen?

Me too.

ok last time I'll try to explain it cause I see I'm not doing a very good job, lol.

If let's say your time circuits say present time is:

DEC 31 1985 09:23 PM

I save my game and advance time 6 hours. My time circuits should now say:

JAN 1 1986 03:23 AM

That system. Cause right now the time circuits for SA remain the same except for what time it is.

ok, disabled these SA effects

Heat Haze

Vertigo (causes camera to move farther back the faster you go)

Motion Blur

kewl, does that mean that removing those made room for some new features, or not really?

Wow, using cleo? That's cool. You'll need to include that in the source so that we can reenable that if we want ;).

Who in there right mind would want to re-enable heat haze and motion blur? stupid pointless features, and the main reason I never liked SA in the first place.

I'm glad they've gone.

Its just these three lines to disable them

0A8C: write_memory 0x72C1B7 size 1 value 0xEB virtual_protect 1

0A8C: write_memory 0x524B3E size 1 value 0xEB virtual_protect 1

0A8C: write_memory 0x8D5104 size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0

The first two jump past the heat haze and vertigo lines in the exe. The third just disables motion blur.

Just comment them out to reenable.