:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA BTTF Mod 0.1.3.2 Development

1) Same deal. Code is affected by fps.

2) my guess is that the front ones are longer because of the ground effect, or whatever its called, occurring there because its underneath the car chassis. Those effects were real back then...stupid modern CGI. I did the effects based off of all the time travel sequences in the first movie, since the part II delorean never time traveled when driving.

3) In the latest version, I had the game remove references from the object whenever the delorean was destroyed, so that go far away enough and the wheels would disappear. Then again, its also a memory thing. I did this originally so that the wheels wouldn't immediately disappear when you sank in the water.

4) Some time later

5) Dunno. They shouldn't disappear. You can always increase the view distance in the ide. Its set to 200.0. If what you're saying is true, might explain some of the crashes in zero's mod. His I believe were set at 50.0.

Development should pickup sometime after wednesday, if not next week (I'm going on vacation for the weekend).

1. I'm using my current laptop, which is 3 weeks old. :P I FORCED the game to lag (opened a lot of programs then played the game at high settings) to test the mod whether it's still worth of playing with lags. Those who have lag issues with SA might find this a big problem.

2. So you're not changing those? They would look better if they match that of the front wheels imo.

3. My laptop has 3 GB RAM and 1.3 GB VRAM, so it shouldn't be a memory problem, if that's what you're pointing out here.

4. Cool, then. May not be a major concern, but it wouldn't hurt to make it more realistic this way. Just have it the same way as you did in the VC version (i.e. dying or starting a mission or finishing one would skip 1 day). I would code this little thing myself, since it's not that difficult, if I only have the time.

5. I might to do that, OR just ditch the DeLorean and replace it with another whenever the wheels disappear. Still, try having this fixed in the next version.

6. Good for you. I still have finals and 30+ plates for my drawing class and portfolio for art history class to do before we can have our semester break.

1) So theres your answer. If your computer was made by dinosaurs, you should get the DOS BTTF game.

3) memory as in it stays in the memory and doesn't get deleted.

1. :mellow: I said I forced the game to lag, as in making 10 programs run at the same time and putting all settings to high. It doesn't lag when I...don't force it. And there are computers with decent specs that have some issues in having SA to work for some reason, whereas games like HL2/Crysis/L4D/etc. lag less. But I am yet to know the REAL reason why these people have this problem.

3. lol ok

i was referring to mike's 8 year old computer. And since you tested it under lag, only prehistoric computers would have problems

That's not a very realistic test though is it. No one with any sense would have any additional programs open when running a game.

i was referring to mike's 8 year old computer. And since you tested it under lag, only prehistoric computers would have problems
my computers techincally 4 years old,

by this i mean the case,

while my cd drive is older (i m not bothered because i dont use it i have a dvd drive)

while the mobo, and processor is nearly 6 months old

and the graphichs card is nearly 3 months old and it's a nvidia geforce 9600 gt 512 gb gddr3

the meomrys 6 months old aswell

and the development seems to mving faster than before.

Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

That's not a very realistic test though is it. No one with any sense would have any additional programs open when running a game.

You don't get the idea, do you? The idea is to run multiple specific (not random) programs all at once that makes use of the CPU, GPU and RAM in a way that so it will be like running a low-end PC. The test went well as expected that even Aero disabled by itself, and my PC's system rating went from 3.8 to 2.1.

And since I got this idea from a professional computer technician (and techno geek due to his eccentric view on computers), I don't think it's an unrealistic test.

The test I performed involves hacking and programs that are built for my PC's specs and are built specifically for this test, so this ain't just forcing my laptop to lag (if I don't know my own specs, then I won't be able to run this test in the first place; the programs will screw-up or won't do what it's suppose to do).

Let's just get back to topic. At least you get the point of the lag problem.

I mean the entire coil. Not just a little bit. Too me it isn't covered enough. the sides should be covered as well. I'm just curious as to if they are staying that way.

I think the VC coils looked better, but since they aren't so possible in SA..

you know that schedule i had for this mod? I'm just going to dump it and do whatever I feel like doing. I'm in the mood to make doc's truck work, lol. Well, not right now (gots chinese hw).

Btw, I'm finished with the Super Smash game, so I have time now. For now....

A couple of months ago I came to the conclusion not to trust your schedules.

Off Topic: Chinese? Mandarin or Cantonese.

mandarin.

People always ask for a schedule, so I always make a logical one that like never gets followed. 0.2d was never planned, and nor was 0.2e, lol.

you know that schedule i had for this mod? I'm just going to dump it and do whatever I feel like doing. I'm in the mood to make doc's truck work, lol. Well, not right now (gots chinese hw).

So your point is, you don't really have the time to work on the mod, am I right?

Sorry for the question if you don't like answering questions about the development of this mod atm, but will the sparks be in in this version? That is, if you've started working on the other features that will be included.

i haven't worked on it at all. Super smash has been taking all my time, and it was more appealing then bttf since we were making a from scratch game engine.

But yeah, I'm busy this semester. 18 credits. The previous semesters when I was working on VC were just 15/16. Next semester should be only 12, then off to grad school.

And not sure if sparks will or will not. Depends on what I feel like doing. I'm not falling to peer pressure this time.

And who knows what I'll do. I might just release random cs scripts instead of making an installer.

I wish we had some kind of repository here that people can just hit update and it'll update any files that were changed, while the installer is only there for models and sounds.

Updating is only possible if we make the engine out of scratch or if we make a very complex program out of C++ that connects itself to a server for updating.