Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA BTTF Mod 0.1.3.2 Development

I've noticed one bug, don't know if it's universal, but here we go. In the old releases you had to press 'Spacebar' to fire the vent boosters, and I'm glad to see that I can now use any key I assign to 'secondary fire' to take off/land and any key I assign to handbrake to vent boost, but the problem is I press handbrake (configured to the joypad key 6, R1 on a PS2) and the boost stutters, flashing on and off and moving me essentially no where. Any ideas?

edit: Thanks Trance, must've overlooked that.

Edited by danmeister

yeah i asked about that in the other thread and i was told that they forgot to fix that.

Geeze they have other crap to do than just work on the mod man. Take some advice from Gun's N' Roses. "All we need is just a little patience".

Edited by Joe Statler

Geeze they have other crap to do than just work on the mod man. Take some advice from Gun's N' Roses. "All we need is just a little patience".

i didnt say "whens it coming out". i just bumped the thread cuz it had been like 2 days. i have people hounding me all the time to make them mods, i know how annoying it is. i'm plenty patient. maybe your a little defensive.

Look, what I meant is they'll post their progress when they have any progress to post about. They've always done that and always will, even though it does get to be up to a week or more before they post anything. Mainly because they had other things to do in their lives that made the modding take a side step. For example, what happened to DK.

(Sorry for using you as an example DK, but it does gets my point across)

And of course I feel defensive. These guys work their asses off for this mod and the constant badgering doesn't help. I don't want to come off as mean but this has been told many times to other people in the past.

Edited by Joe Statler

thats fine you just dont have to be quite so uptight. it was a simple question, i got a simple answer and that was that. maybe i didnt know they always posted their progress. as i said i know what its like to be hounded for mods. theres nothing more annoying. just relax bra, and have a 20583285beer.gif

just relax bra, and have a 20583285beer.gif

That's funny cause I'm drinking beer right now. But yea sorry, you just don't know the amount of annoying people that don't know how to be patient on here. Especially last year when 0.2e was about to be released.

Especially last year when 0.2e was about to be released.

"In the soviet union you get pwoned by ponies" x'D

Remember that?

Edited by Jay

yeah, i understand. :) and you know what? 0.2e is amazing. on a good day when your comp and it are cooperating its hours of fun. one of the best mods out there. so i hate to hear the mod team call it a failure. maybe not super stable, but far from a failure. hats off to you guys! one good thing about it being a bit unstable though is now people wont rush it so much. they'll be like "eh, i'll wait for stability." at least i hope.

and btw, i'm going for a beer too! :)

We admins/mods and the mod team don't call it a failure. Many of the people whom we give the copy to to test them do. Despite the fact that the mod is a public BETA (so instability is no uncommon feature), people demanded for an update to stabilize the mod. This is the reason why they're making 0.2f right now, instead of 0.3.

Nope. Been busy doing schoolwork and playing batman arkham asylum and need for speed shift.

I need my fun sometimes you know.

;) arkham asylum rules doesnt it? i wouldve killed for that game when i was 10.

i should start modeling monroeville mall so i can start gta dawn of the dead, but i have been playing o2.e and gta IV hahaha.

Nope. Been busy doing schoolwork and playing batman arkham asylum and need for speed shift.

Same here lol. Playing the same kickass games and doing schoolwork (plates for drawing class; portfolio for art history class). :D

Just asking Blue.

Hey I have a question. Since adding particles to San Andreas is much easier, is it possible to add the fire trails at the appropriate length? Such as the RR delorean having those really really long fire trails?

I'm not sure if adding custom particles for the fire trails would cause lag or not. Like I've said before, more custom particles displayed at the same time, more lagsh*t.

How about just using the flames from the Laevateinn blade mod? They're not as good as VC's fire trails, but looks decent enough (I think). Also, they do look identical to the flame particles coming out of the wheels of the DeLorean during the time travel sequence (in this mod). Are they the same particles?

laevateinn.jpg

Five things I've noticed while playing:

1. When it lags while driving AND flying, it's like experiencing lag when flying in VC -- you slow down and can't reach 88 mph.

2. Can you use the same particles of the trails of the front wheels for the back wheels? (for more movie accuracy)

firetrails-1.jpg

3. The wheels of the flying DeLorean aren't unloaded when it's destroyed or unloaded from the game.

wheels.jpg

4. The Current Time doesn't change whenever you play missions or save the game -- it is as though when you start or finish a mission, or save the game, you travel back or forward a few minutes through time at will. Also, is it possible to just save the TC data? (CLEO data saving is possible, after all)

5. If one or two of the wheel objects get unloaded whenever you time travel with the camera from afar, like when in cinematic camera view, the game crashes when you try to convert back. Is there a way to keep the game from deleting the wheels?

1. How old is your PC? Because even my 8 year old crappy P4 runs the mod without any lag whatsoever.

2. If you check outatime.it and look at the movie stills, the front trails are slightly longer than the rear ones (if I remember correctly)

3. Is this on 0.1.3.1? It was a known issue in 0.1.2 but I thought this was fixed.

4. Not really a major concern, if we do end up moving the mainstream mod to SA, then the original SA missions will be removed anyway. I guess saving TC data will come when Blue gets around to coding in the multiple time machines feature.