Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Sparks

The code for the sparks isn't finished yet, is it? I recognized there are fewer sparks coming from the DeLorean compared to the movie and the VC version, and the part of the coils where the sparks fire out from doesn't "flash" (unless there isn't really a way to make it flash). Still, it's a nice progress so far.

Speaking of handling, I was about to make a mod that allows realistic driving so the driver/player won't look like a professional racer or the player can have the chance to drive (slow, careful and less life-threatening) like in real life, kind of like how Crysis' driving system works. After seeing the last vid, I believe my mod is gonna turn the DeLorean and slow SA cars to snails in the road. I guess I'll need to change my mod's functionality, then.

yeah, i need to edit it still. Its firing 150 ms slower than the vc version, but I sped it up recently when I looked at the source code for the vc version.

Damn this is looking too awesome to pass up. Yes, I'll admit I uninstalled the BTTF mod in exchange for adding RL cars and ENB Series, but I think I'll just back all that up and put this back in once the sparks version comes out.

...does the current version have those acceleration/idle sounds? Cause if it does they weren't working for me...nor were the engine off/on sounds.

Two things, firstly, if you start a new game (haven't tested a saved game) and spawn the DeLorean you get an instant 4 star wanted level. Secondly if you time travel and then go on to spawn a second time machine and travel with that, some weird s**t happens on re-entry. The coils also seem to flicker when the sparks are firing, is this a particle limit? Also, is there any reason why the coils now come on at 75mph?

On another note, I think the handling should be tweaked, if you think of it this way, the DeLorean was rear wheel drive, the engine was rear mounted, and plus all the of time machine parts on the rear, that's a lot of weight pushing down on the rear wheels, meaning it shouldn't spin out as easily as it does.

rofl.gif, what was that @2:08? It played the "Mr. Fusion is empty"-sound and the DeLorean was visible again :D. That's a funny shot.

The coils also seem to flicker when the sparks are firing, is this a particle limit?

Flicker, or flash like orbs of light larger than the coil glow particle are seen coming from the coils? If it is the latter then it's suppose to do that. It's the result of the coils firing sparks to the 'wormhole'.

spawn the DeLorean you get an instant 4 star wanted level.

It's suppose to do that, regardless of how you started the game (new or saved game). I'm not sure why Blue coded that in. This is easy to fix, anyway, if you don't like it -- just find and get rid of the 010D: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level_to 4 code just below the 3rd "jf @Spawn" in the spawn.cs script then compile. (for newbies, just open the spawn.txt instead of the CS file otherwise expect two spawn.cs files)

Secondly if you time travel and then go on to spawn a second time machine and travel with that, some weird s**t happens on re-entry.

The code for cutscene time travel is suppose to (do not read further if you like to imagine that the DeLorean did time travel in game instead of some CLEO code-made illusion that made it look that it did) put the DeLorean to instant 0 mph speed, lock it in place, make it invisible and collision-free, then show off the effects up until the 3rd re-entry explosion where it will make DeLorean visible again w/ collisions and go instantly in its previous speed before time traveling. For some reason, it made it visible too soon.

Angelo, he meant the whole actual coil glows flicker.

I tested it too and also had much problems with it:

I don't have the keypress sounds anymore when entering a new date and the sounds are at all cut off. And maybe you can see the flickering clearer in my video, than in Mike's. The glows disappear fully for some miliseconds and then return.

EDIT: Oh and the missing engine/ambient sounds are my fault. I always forget to set my computer back to use 2.0 instead of 5.1 speakers.

But the other sounds also weren't ok when playing.

Edited by Mini-Me

I'm wondering if the particle limit is also limited based on each person's computer cuz it doesn't flicker in mine. Look at my last vid.

hey you coders out there. Do me a favor and try changing in sparks.txt this line

if

17@ < 300.0

jf @SparkReturn

And change the 300 to something lower like 200 or 100. Don't make it too low or you won't see the bounceback.

at 200 the flickering was much rarer, now with 150 it's just fine.

But at all I figured the game is less stable. I now did this:

1. Spawn a DeLorean (I btw. restored the "cinematic" way of spawning you had in the previous release, thx for making that easy ;))
  2. Refuel it. While doing that already enter the car (small glitch, btw.)
  3. Enter date and time in the TCs: 04111992-0000-. Don't ask me why I always do that separately :D. I chose that time to see the coils better in the dark.
  4. Hit the gas, do the TT
  5. Halt with a U-turn, get out and refuel. While doing that, spawn a second DeLorean.
  6. Refuel that and enter it. Set the TCs 1001-
  7. Leave it, take the remote control and drive it to about 85m/h
  8. Leave it rolling for some feet and do a U-turn. Head towards the player
  9. Having reached 88m/h just some feet before the player, be prepared to watch it disappear just in front of you :)
  10. *bing* crashed. The last thing you see is the firetrails some feet above you in a wrong angle

Sign in to follow this