Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Sparks

you don't have to. Sparks are just an effect that won't interfere with anything else. I mean, the sounds already there.

The sparks code might help in coding the edits I'll be making. I would still, however, continue some of the BTTF SA edits I've already started like the corona-based explosions/implosions.

FYI, my BTTF SA edits would be mostly non-canonical or movie-inaccurate, like camera shakes, REAL pre-time travel fire trails, an "instant rewind" time travel alternative, shockwaves from the re-entry explosions that are powerful enough to push away a nearby truck with incredible force, etc. I'm doing this to improve my modding skillz, for those who are interested, and to make the DeLorean look more badass. :P

Offtopic: Have you also improved the model of the Part 1 DeLorean in SA like you did in Part 2?

From what I remember, I think the plan was to implement all the effects on the BTTF II DeLorean first, once all the effects are added, which I assume would now extend to the animated dff objects. e.g. flux capacitor, once all that is complete, then we'd look to add the part I and part III DeLoreans.

Just askin'. I can wait for the Part 1. It's just that I'm using it right now (currently replacing the on-ground mode Part 2 DeLorean), and it looks like sh*t compared to the Part 2 model.

I'm not sure, I can't recall how you went about it when you did it for VC, that was a long time ago now.

Yes I know the wormhole went through some changes, as did the coils to some extent. I wasn't really keeping tabs on the steam effects though :P

but it makes sense doesn't it? You want it WORKING first before you improve it, because how can you improve it if you don't know what it looks like when it does work?

after all, the core is much thicker and the trail is a little bit thicker as well in the movies, so it kinda needs to change.

you know, I have no clue what the count is in SA. Its a lot more. Probably over a hundred, which is way over VC's limit. At least in the first pic. The second pic is shortened slightly to 75 particles, but I"m not sticking to that.

i just estimated. The one in the first image was made of 150 particles.

I had it hit 500 before, but it was overkill when there were 2-3 of them. And it only killed part of the front coils.

Hmmm, assuming it does have a limit, and if we needed a higher limit, is that something SA limit adjuster can do?

Sign in to follow this