Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Effects

I'm showing the bttf stunt cars had two ways of glowing the coils. The lighting run had the tubes and mesh glow. While in the experiment had only the meshes glow. It was possible the neon tubes just got damaged during filming and they only partially replaced them.

GTASA BTTF just reverted back to a CLEO only mod that still has animations and objects ^^

Is there truly a god in this world.

GTASA BTTF just reverted back to a CLEO only mod that still has animations and objects ^^

Does that mean that the bug I found of the chair instead of the door is fixed?

nope, the real cars had neons behind the mesh. They never made the tubes out of neon.

Ugh you don't get what I meant. They placed the neon tubes behind the mesh tubes to get them both to glow. Then later on when they broke, had them only in the middle. I'm just trying to explain why the car glows bad in one shot and others it's perfectly even. ILM couldn't do motion blurring back in 1985, so that lighting run shot is the real neon tube glows.

yep. All you need to do for the next version is to get the original main.scm.

That also means your old saves work for the next version.

Ugh you don't get what I meant. They placed the neon tubes behind the mesh tubes to get them both to glow. Then later on when they broke, had them only in the middle. I'm just trying to explain why the car glows bad in one shot and others it's perfectly even. ILM couldn't do motion blurring back in 1985, so that lighting run shot is the real neon tube glows.

but the tubes weren't transparent. Have you even seen the real cars? The tubes never did glow. The mesh never did glow. All the neon was behind the mesh which had holes in them so the neon could show through.

but the tubes weren't transparent. Have you even seen the real cars? The tubes never did glow. The mesh never did glow. All the neon was behind the mesh which had holes in them so the neon could show through.

But they had to have a way to get them to glow in the lighting shot. Cause that wasn't a special effect. Ah, just f**k it. We're going in circles.

Edited by archer9234

yeah, the neon behind it wasn't covered on the sides so you could see it.

like so, with the car on the left side, N standing for neon, C standing for coil.

||

|||N||C|

||

So even though you were looking at the back, you could still see the neon glowing behind the coils.

Are you guys still talking about the mod? :huh: 'Cause you're arguing like a whole page now

Edited by -RG-

Wasn't the main idea to make it look cool in game? :lol:

woot, 400th post. yay.

Edited by -RG-

well, stick too only the mesh glowing and that's it :P.

lol, we were complaining about how it glowed in the films when ILM wasn't used.

lol ok I see

i thought it looked fine alerady, if you want to make it movie accurate

Edited by -RG-

Looking great, Blue!

Though...I still miss my glowy coils, even though most of the mod team likes them. But you can't please everyone, so I guess I will have to like these now. =>

Sign in to follow this