Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Wormhole

I think you should stick to the circular wormhole. Yeah it lags but it looks better than palm trees. And you don't have to worry about flying coconuts.

we're talking SA here. It might lag in VC, but it does not lag in SA. Unless someone actually had the plasma trails lag in SA.

I'm not listening to you. Its not fun if you don't experiment. Even if this doesn't work out, I'm still not going back to the circular wormhole as I want to experiment with more ideas I have.

Take the sparks for example. If I didn't experiment, you wouldn't have those beautiful sparks in 0.2e. Or the glowing coils in 0.2d. Or a better glowing wormhole also in 0.2d. Or glowing plasma trails in 0.2d.

And even when I experimented with them, there were problems. Like when the coils got the mesh, there was a time when it was still carcol 0.2c like, and the mesh just made it look bad. I could have stuck with it, but instead I experimented and found coronas could replicate the glow quite well.

No one said you had to listen to me. Why is it when I express an opinion I get b**ched at for doing so. But everyone else is fine to express all the opinions they want. Several members expressed why they like the VC wormhole better. And you didn't get rude with them, instead you listened. Yeah you're experimenting and every active member on this forum knows that but still has expressed an opinion. Just because you don't like me doesn't mean you can get nasty with me every chance you get.

You know what. All I asked was to not be b**ched at for expressing an opinion. If this is how you're going to act then I'm not sorry your leaving this time. For once I didn't do a damn thing. You asked me to leave you alone and show you more respect. I have done so. But you haven't shown me the same courtesy. You still demean me every chance you get even if it's in public. I want it to stop. If you leaving is the only way to deal with me then don't bother coming back cause I'm here to stay.

I want to try and work things out but you don't seem to want to do your part.

you know what, fine. I'm leaving.

Again? It's like you come and go, like expecting that everyone will go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, don't leave, PLZZZ" when you leave and "YAYAYAYYAY, Blue'z back!!1" when you come back.. :mellow:

I didn't say I was leaving the forums, lol.

Is there anything else you can leave? :lol::huh:

Edited by -RG-

dk i dont see the vc wormhole as movie acurate but people are seeing it this way because they are used to it and not because it is acurate i hope soon sa's current one will look even better and not being a 2d shape like vice city.

@RG I was leaving to go to class

@Grim I know, but its also a bit more eye pleasing since it doesn't look like a flower.

However, if I use like multiple wormhole textures, it'll no longer be just 2d.

All I meant was the VC wormhole looked better. had nothing to do with accuracy.

lol mod team fight.

3 things to take note:

1. SA has less limitations than VC.
  2. Blue wanted to experiment more because of #1, so basically he WOULDN'T keep a feature as it is when he can improve it further.
  3. Isn't being as movie accurate as possible is what this mod is aiming for? VC's wormhole can only get as far as it is right now in terms of accuracy because of the engine limitations. SA's engine, however, allows Blue to do more because of the fewer limitations, that's why he's taking advantage of this and trying to make it MORE movie-accurate than VC. Regardless of the fact that people were used to the VC wormhole, movie accuracy is very important.

This is not for you, DK, since I get the point of your opinion lol. Just wanna inform all of you guys what Blue's really aiming here.

If this mod was supposed to be as accurate as possible then we would see time travel effects at 88MPH :lol: But I don't want to get into that again as i was defeated by all the other mod team members in a bloody battle of Death. So let's not go that far lol.

From what I understand for those that don't is that they chose 80MPH because of all the inconsistencies and because it looked better and made the game easier.

True. I never said accuracy is more important than good gameplay, anyway. :P

Gameplay is always given the highest priority in modding/game development, but since the wormhole won't affect the gameplay in any bad way, except for the lag thing which I'm not sure whether it's just you or Blue just really have a powerful PC to keep it from lagging, I don't see why Blue shouldn't make it more movie accurate.

And you don't have to worry about flying coconuts.

You meant sparks, right? :lol:

No, the system in attaching is VERY different from SA and VC, which is why SA never lags.

VC used put_object

SA used attach_object

So, in short, if lag is experienced, the effects won't look like they're being left behind by the speeding DeLorean, the kind of problem we experience in the VC version.

I CAN'T really wait to test this out. (Still having problem installing GTA:SA in my PC, and don't have the sufficient time to do so)

And we're back to the VC wormhole

I didn't tell you guys this, but at one point, it had a bad size flickering problem.

A total of 20 particles were added to create the expanding wormhole.

Definately looks better at night.

Is it possible to code it so that it uses a different set of models depending on the time of day? I know this would be doubling up on the amount of models you are adding, but, this way you could setup one set of models up for use during the day, and another set of models for use at night.

The problem is if the time switches from day to night DURING the time travel sequence, i.e. You reached 80 mph at 22:59:50 and reached 88 after the time ticks to 23:00:00 which (I believe) is night time at SA.

And we're back to the VC wormhole

Does this mean we're gonna switch to the 2D VC wormhole, or are you just experimenting?

wth did I just do?

<pic>

lol, VCXXL wormhole. :lol:

Sign in to follow this