Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Wormhole

Ok, gotta believe your estimation since you can see it better in game than we on the pics :P.

" width="480" height="295">
" />

Speaking of sparks...thats going to be hard to pull off since I don't think i can reuse vc code with the new effects system in sa.

Hmm. After watching the teaser, I thought that the effects were really good. But, I don't think that there were enough ribbons... Most of the time I saw a lot of gaps in between the ribbons.

If you made more ribbons it would look too much like a half-sphere...

@ first two pics: Looks better.. If only the thing would grow bigger with speed :lol:

Edited by -RG-

Really wish the system is more flexible. Even the wormhole here looks better.

UC3D2009-09-1400-33-47-04.jpg

UC3D2009-09-1400-36-19-30.jpg

Probably because it has more different sized strands. And the fact that its not circular and more rectangular. So that means short strands for the vertical, long strands for horizontal, and slightly longer strands for each of those sides.

Looking back at it now, i think the version I made has too many long strands. The wormhole should have a lot of small to medium ones with the occasional long ones.

Then of course, I have the more accurate ideas of the wormhole, which can't be done yet.

If you notice in the movie, it does not appear until a spark hits it. The first tear is done by the wormhole emitter, and then more of it is created from sparks flying from the coils. The resulting sparks then create a bigger tear until the delorean hits 88. Of course, I have no clue how the delorean traveled whenever lightning was involved, but eh.

One thing I noticed was that at low speeds, there wormhole died quite quickly, and this was only evident during the railroad scene where the acceleration of the delorean was a lot less then it was when its engine was running. Not until speed was high enough did the wormhole stay stable.

The way in VC was done was quite close to what was in the movie except for the wormhole formation.

SA's kinda far away from movie accurate. The only thing it had going for it were the arms, but now I'm not so sure, lol.

Very helpful vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDz-cjAcjjU

So my ideal way of forming the wormhole is sparks flying and when they bounce, create the wormhole texture that combines with the others to create a big one.

Edited by Mini-Me
video linked, embedding is disabled :(

Hmmm...

Until now I haven't seen that the coils kind of fire wormhole tears to the front, looks real interesting.

Comparing it to the combined VC and SA version (though it looks looks great :)) I think the arms of the wormhole are too long which makes it look too round (semi-sphere, not circle wise), but you're right, the more you go from the sides to the top the longer they could be, would be easy though, huh?

yeah, problem of trying to downsize objects and having limited modeling experience, lol.

I still would like to see if SA can do the tears, since VC's hit the limit. And the coils don't fire tears. They make them.

I do admit the one from the UselessCreations.com pics is better. Is there any way you can downsize SA's wormhole to that of the pics with your "limited modeling experience"?

Speaking of limited modeling skills, I myself don't have any modeling skills (yet). Got used to 2D/anime/cartoon/anime-style/cartoon-style/sprite designs and animations that I forgot to try modeling out despite my huge interest in it. If I model stuff, I would likely steal ones from another game/mod and modify it so it won't look stolen lol, or just make basic shapes (spheres, cubes, etc.).

the lines are too flat in my opinion , in movies they didn't change width at all.. i think

Sign in to follow this