:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Coils

yeah, hopefully I can fix the gaps

Interesting tidbit: The SA uses twice as many particles as VC for the coils.

I think they look great! Keep this version, i've been waiting for the glows forever! They look amazing.

Now if i can just get my GTA SA to work. Hm.

Thats what I said you should do from the start, but you said that it would look s**t! ;)

It looks a million times better, which is an understatement! :D

Is there any chance of bunching the Coronas closer together so that the gaps between them arn't as visable? :huh:

...And yes, I do realise that this would probably mean you'd have to add at least one more Corona to the coils! :P

well, if the coil was perpendicular to the player, then there are no gaps. However, once you start rotating it, gaps will appear because half the corona disappears into the coil.

I remedied this a little by sticking the glows a bit further out.

Beauty shot just for the heck of it. Compare to the one a few posts up, lol.

gta_sa2009-10-2523-04-36-64.jpg

Here was the main reason why I thought they would suck in the first place

gta_sa2009-09-0301-48-09-12.jpg

This was before I found the rendering options and selflit option. Plus, how to safely create lots of particles at once (those particles on that early one could only partially come off)

That night shot will never look that good on my current PC :(

I see what you mean, its the 2dfx that ruins it!

And that last pic looks awful, looks badly photoshoped, with heavy excessive use of the smudge tool :lol:

lol, It was the mid 80's, overlaid special effects weren't as good as they are today

That night shot will never look that good on my current PC :(

I see what you mean, its the 2dfx that ruins it!

And that last pic looks awful, looks badly photoshoped, with heavy excessive use of the smudge tool :lol:

Thats why I said it would look bad in the first place :lol:

Well, the movie effects I think are still better. At least their glow lines are smoother (understandable since they worked in 2d, not 2d on a 3d surface like the game's working in)

Here was the main reason why I thought they would suck in the first place

*crappy picture*

*snicker* :roll::rotfl::rotfl: And you thought SA's coil looked bad in VC! Wow it looks like some kid colored it with Crayola's Dark Blue crayon! But I dont want to look like a complete ass so on the absolute 100% plus side the nighttime effects looks soooooo badass.

If you compare them to the vent glows in hover mode, then they will only lag during a slow-motion sequence, but should not during main gameplay.

nope, not at all. SA has an attachment system that VC lacks. Ever since starting, I have not seen a single object/particle lag.

Makes me wonder about the train sequence in VC, since unlike SA, the train can move out from underneath you.

It shouldn't do, you can stand on top of cars while the're driving around VC and not slide off, so why should it be different from the train :huh:

Its not the same. You don't have as much friction as you do in SA.

Oh well, not part of the topic. The topic's on coils. Just look at both our sigs.

nope, not at all. SA has an attachment system that VC lacks. Ever since starting, I have not seen a single object/particle lag.

Makes me wonder about the train sequence in VC, since unlike SA, the train can move out from underneath you.

goodness, I´m glad to hear that ^_^

honestly

Is that Gunmods nightime mod or did you do it yourself?

Anyway the main problem I have with the new coils in the latest source code is that I can't see them because the delorean model is so god damn bright at night, it outshines them! :lol:

its rcguy150's mod.

Oh right, I haven't released the updated delorean models because someone set the limit for upload to 2mb *looks at Mike*

Sign in to follow this