Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Coils

I agree with PizzaPlanetTruck. It's better than having no effects. VC's ain't movie-accurate either -- the glows are way off and too big -- so why bother? :P

I agree with PizzaPlanetTruck. It's better than having no effects. VC's ain't movie-accurate either -- the glows are way off and too big -- so why bother? :P

Thanks agreeing with me, but how do i extract these files out of an auto installer?

allright, i've downloaded universal extractor, all i have to do is put the right files in the gta img etc.

I think i need the coil effect sounds aswell, so could you please give a list of the files i have to add?

THX,

PPT

I thought of something important that I forgot to mention on all the SA installers (this includes the one for the Stargate mod too), in order for the models to successfully install, you need to have a minimum of Microsoft dot net framework 1.1 installed on your computer before you start.

This may explain all the issues PPT had with installing the mod.

This will be fixed in all future versions of the mod, I will add a front end message so users will know that the installer will not install correctly without Microsoft dot net framework.

what part of the installer needs the framework?

Model installation, the spark console (img.exe) won't run without it. Strangely though the install log gives no errors to indicate a problem, took me a while to figure out what the problem was when I was installing 0.1.3.1 on my cousins machine.

I believe this is an SA issue only, since the command line img tool for VC does not require dot net.

However if someone knows of another command line img tool for SA (outside of spark console), that does not require dot net framework to be installed, then we can look at swapping that over.

Why would someone have a version of .NET Framework other than 2.0 or 3.5. I mean it's common sense to update it.

thats the thing. Some people might not have it. GTA after all doesn't use .net, and a stock install of windows with just gta would certainly not have .net

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users wouldn't have a problem about .NET Framework. MS updates it for them automatically. And there are some cases when Windows would detect if this program you're running requires a certain version of .NET, and would prompt you about it. I'm not sure about XP, though. Back then, I would update .NET myself if programs like Rise of Nations wouldn't work.

XP doesn't have it installed by default. You have to actually either download it from the ms site or go to windowsuupdate.com and select it as an optional component.

XP doesn't have it installed by default. You have to actually either download it from the ms site or go to windowsuupdate.com and select it as an optional component.

When I installed my XP Service Pack 3 OEM CD on my laptop automatic updates prompted me to download and install .NET Framework 3.5.

That's Service Pack 3. SP1/SP2 or a Windows XP without an SP don't consider it a very important update. Then again, why wouldn't you update it to SP3?

Blue, I have good news

Redistribution Rights for the .NET Framework

Microsoft strongly supports customers in deploying the .NET Framework within their organizations and as part of their software solutions.

Which means we can include it with the install file and have it execute if it is not currently installed on the users machine.

This should solve a lot of problems.

'Cause there are lazy people :P.

As far as I can remember my SP2 installs of XP always had an older .net installed.

@PizzaPlanetTruck:

Not every one can help you. Ask once and then WAIT instead of asking multiple times. This annoys me as much as BTTFTIME or Ganeznerd did.

Alternatively from Universal Extractor you also can use 7zip, the installer is compressed with LZMA, the format that the guys of 7zip made, that's why you can also use this.

'Cause there are lazy people :P.

As far as I can remember my SP2 installs of XP always had an older .net installed.

@PizzaPlanetTruck:

Not every one can help you. Ask once and then WAIT instead of asking multiple times. This annoys me as much as BTTFTIME or Ganeznerd did.

Alternatively from Universal Extractor you also can use 7zip, the installer is compressed with LZMA, the format that the guys of 7zip made, that's why you can also use this.

I'm sorry. I know just what you mean.

999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999xSORR

Y. Now i said enough so i don't need to say it in the Future. Or the past :) .

ok, so I wasn't that happy about the coil effects, so I decided to combine both VC and SA, which makes sense (SA represents the neon in rl, VC represents the ILM effects)

This is what I got (thank god I saved the old code)

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-05-14.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-06-79.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-08-67.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-34-22.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-34-90.jpg

gta_sa2009-10-2516-52-35-51.jpg

Theres a few rough spots, but I can iron them out. The good thing about the combination VC/SA is that, you don't see the mesh anymore when the coils light up.

Of course, the bad side, being 2d effects...looks good at some angles, bad at others. Moreso in SA because of the mouse-controlled camera.

gta_sa2009-10-2517-30-13-87.jpg

So I dunno. Its either the coils we have now that look fine from any angle, just without the glowyness

Or 2dfx combined with it which looks great in some angles, horrible in others

OMG! O_O

It´s better than I expected it to be!!!!!

now, you should try to fix the fire ;)

Edited by Mini-Me
No need to quote the whole post!

Sign in to follow this