Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Coils

Theres a second alternative i want to explore later, which sadly cannot be applied to VC because of the lag.

But it involves making a coils object and attaching it to a car, and have two versions. The one we all know and a neon version. According to gtaforums, how the neon lighting in VC and SA were made is through this method.

Neon lights are created by a texture of the color you want (pink, blue, green...) and a alpha map that simulates the neon glow, using a gradient. Then all you can use is 2dfx and night vertex colors to fully get the color in the night view, for some neons test you should look in those hotels of VC that got some.

And fixed the font issue with the "1" being misplaced. I didn't notice that Mike put in a new fonts.txd XD

Anyway, I moved the 1 over in the file, lol.

Also, what I'm thinking with the coils in that we can do the neon like in GTAVC

02a60f53.jpg

Sadly, Vertex prelighting only works on map objects, so the VC Delorean can get the same treatment, but the lag will ruin it, as the coils will probably appear and disappear.

Darn VC...

Well, either way I finished the glows and I'm amazied. 81 particles on this baby. Had to redo almost the entire thing since the smaller particles needed more precision.

gta_sa2009-09-0301-48-09-12.jpg

gta_sa2009-09-0301-48-16-43.jpg

And there are limits apparently. Tested in both scm and cleo. I can create, but not destroy....how ironic. Well, I made a vid anyway. On to method 2!! After I get some sleep XD

Lets see how I can do vertex prelighting...

At least it wasn't a complete waste of my time. I found out how to make particles ^^

Means we can get animating wormholes :o

too bad its still 2d, otherwise we could have done a C shaped thing......but then again, if the coils are being moved to an object....can probably get away with using particles to create a wormhole thats not circular.....ideas ideas, lol.

particle object it's the best way for SA however i think you already use that so good luck ^^

Not for the coils no its not. Its good for the other stuff, like wormholes and fire trails, but not coils. An object would be better suited for the coils. The way I've been doing it and you have been doing it is to line up the particles in a row to make it look as if the entire length of a coils is glowing, but a closer look and we can tell its made up of circular lights.

I want to use an object and apply prelighting to it to make it look like neon, and that method does not have the symptom of looking like it's made of circular lights.

Besides, Mike mentioned you hit the same glitch I had as well.

for the coils maybe but you will have problem when you will destroy it, some particle will not show after some time travel that the reason i put the coil on an object.

maybe you have another solution , can't wait to learn how you will made that

I'm not using particles for the coils anymore. I realized halfway through there was another way, but decided to go through.

The new method will NOT use particles at all for the coils.

Ok understand good luck

This was what I was talking about with the coils.

gta_sa2009-09-0309-32-03-06.jpg

gta_sa2009-09-0309-33-36-43.jpg

Using neon blue, not my color....i think i'll try my color just to see.

I prefere the coronas, you get that aura effect that the neon will just never have. Although I will say the the coronas on Zero's were too big and he said he couldn't make them any smaller. ;)

But if you insist on keeping the Neon, It needs to be brighter, which means making it as White as posible but with a very small blue tint to it, if thats even posible :huh:

Yeah, they were a bit, but not to the extent of zero's

bttf-88mph-03.jpg

My problem is that the particles.....well, you can kinda see each individual one and in some angles, you can see the coil show through.

Well, back to what I said.

There is a way to get it to appear to glow and that is to create a second layer over the already existing coils and apply an alpha to it.

Ok, better pic

framephp-2.jpg

I think what could be done is apply a gradient to the coils where the center is white and the edges are a bit bluer.

EDIT: Did they remaster it? o_o

bttf-88mph-05.jpg

I think I was going for this one...

Can you not stick a few coronas behind the Neon so that you can't see them, but you can still see a bit of there aura? :huh:

Like what you did with the "Fugly" one you did but hide the coronas ;)

Sign in to follow this