:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

SA BTTF Mod 0.1.2 Development

I'd say being able to do both...

You can pick the "regular" TT driving on the roads, drive it on the tracks, press the button for hover conversion, the code recognizes you're on the tracks (but I guess that's not possible) and then aligns you to the tracks (doing the same process as when switching between Bus and VCN Mav., so another train needs to be added :D).

This is a thing to only dream of I think :(.

Well one step at a time, I believe the plan is to first work with the BTTF II DeLorean, get that as good as it can be in terms of effects, and then build up from there.

Kinda the same way the VC mod was built :P

Sure, was only an idea to keep in mind for later on :P...

Spawning a train is possible, so we can just use the spawn code for switching between train-on-air and train-on-tracks mode. As for adding another train, I'm not sure if that's possible.

the train can already on the track and can go to flying mode even if he is on the track , however for go to the flying mode as normal mode on the track it's more difficult but's it's possible

well, thats another time. I'm going to be working on the flying animations for the delorean now, and I have a new method for it that hasn't been used before.

Can you see if you can fix the hover glitch where by it changes the height of the car if you are below a certain height when changing to/from hover mode.

not really a glitch. Its more like a fix from R* to prevent falling cars like in VC when spawning.

Bad for us though. No problem, I can have it like VC where you have to touch down before changing. Though thats bad news if you're doing a jump and want to take off at the same time....

Well, takeoff animations are done. Just need to edit two models, cuz i forgot to change the materials when collapsing some stuff. But theres no lag whatsoever in the animations, even with Fraps running. I'll work on it later today when i get back.

I will say.....it's a lot easier then the last time i attempted it.

in case you're wondering how I got around the 3 objects attached per vehicle limit....

I had 5 objects.

2 of them are struts with the wheels attached in driving position. Thats only used when the wheels extend. It replaces the struts used in the vc mod.

The last 3 are used when the wheels are rotating and during flight.

2 of them are the same wheels from the vc mod, which is used for rotation.

The last one is both of the struts linked together. Since they aren't moving when the wheels are rotating and during flight, I could combine them.

So 2 are used in extension, deleted, then 3 for rotation and flight.

And I just thought of a second method....

attach the struts to the delorean, then attach the wheels to the struts.

imma try that when i get back.

that i do on the first anim on the mini mod he work very fine but the texture were very bright

except your animations lagged when they were animating. Mine doesn't. You guys had the right idea, but executed it the wrong way.

The trick to have it not lag is to repeatedly attach only. Don't detach and don't place it somewhere else.

if you say it ^^ but i don't really care now this minimod is not mine now , but i wait yours for see the way you will take for make it

but you are continuing your stargate mod, aren't you? If you're using animations for that, thats a tip on how to keep them from lagging on a moving object.

yes i fond a way for the stargate , i continue that mod yes but for the minimod i have enought to correct that so i stop it maybe not for good but when i will better than i am now

yes that's true but it's too instable i hate that kind of mistake

just found out, theres a flaw in attaching objects to objects attached to cars, and thats that they lag.

Going back to my old method.

^ Exactly what i wanted to hear!!!!! hope it makes it more stable!! ^

(2 posts up)

Edited by edfake