Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis BTTF Mod

I'm glad I still have my copy of Crysis. I was about to give it away to a friend of mine, since it lags like sh*t in my old PC, 'till its BIOS broke and got a phone call from my dad that he's going replace it with a tougher laptop, which he did. :D

Gonna try this mod out, if it's ever gonna be released.

I doubt this would out-hype our GTA mods. GTA San Andreas and Vice City have a LOT of stuff Crysis doesn't and couldn't have. Crysis can only compete with them in terms of graphics.

Very true. And Vice Versa. But overall, GTA beats it out, since it can simulate a city more fully and have more realistic ped actions, traffic, etc.

Crysis would have to be scripted because of its linear nature.

BTW, since this is Crysis.......theres a glitch with the headlight glow showing through the delorean chasis :P

BTW, since this is Crysis.......theres a glitch with the headlight glow showing through the delorean chasis :P

Yea, I was going to say something about that but decided not to. Would having the hover delorean in crysis even be possible. And I don't mean hover like the boards, I mean actually flying.

GTA [...] can simulate a city more fully and have more realistic ped actions, traffic, etc.

I just wanted to answer with a youtube video showing the opposite: Someone drives his car slowly close to the pavement and people jump on the street, nut I can't find it anymore <_<.

The graphics and icing bought me, actually. Also the interior, since you it is an FPS.

That's the point. It's an FPS. They'll need to code it a bit further to make it more "BTTF material". But, by the looks of it, they won't be making it a major mod like our GTA VC mod. There's a Hill Valley map, but it could be just a simple map add-on/mod.

icing bought me, actually. Also the interior, since you it is an FPS.

This reminds me of Blue saying we'll be having ice models for the GTA:SA DeLorean once he finds a modeler for the job. Can't wait for that. :D

As for the interior, it is possible to make the same type of interior in the GTA:SA mod thanks to the whole attach-to-car code, that is if Blue finds a way to make a decent interior camera view.

Upgrade interior? That sounds...promising. :D

Do you think it is possible to make a decent interior camera view in the SA mod? We attempted to code in the SCM, but looks like crap compared to the VC Camera Hack one. We tried it via SA Camera Hack, hoping it would give us an idea how it should look, but looks just as f*cked up as the SCM-coded VC one.

Talking about models and their changes, those are on hold for now. I've been really busy with work, so that I worked 26 hours last weekend. It's Tuesday now and I still feel a little unstable :sick::yawn:

You have all the time you need.

Of course he does! XD

he haves all the time he wants!

he haves a time machine! :lol:

Edited by 88milesperhour!

It obvious that this mod isn't going to be as big as the VC mod because they have gotten as far as they have in a lot less time than you guys did, which means they arn't thinking about it as a TC, they just want all the best bits! ;)

The question I previously asked wasn't answered.

but I do admit that their re-entry explosions are more accurate than our own. Can we have the same re-entry explosions in the SA mod in terms of size, or anything close to that?
Is it possible to have it?

not with their shockwaves. Size, yes, but I don't remember what size it was. I kept it small though so we don't have it abrubtly cut off at the bottom.

Their wormhole is a bit iffy. It lags like the coil effects used to do in SA.

In speaking of Crysis, I beat the game 2:30 this morning. I just got the game 2 days ago :P. Was shorter than I expected it be. I got feaked out when I was in the aliens' "fortress".

I thought that, it seems like a compleat waste of an Island, if half the game is going to be spent in space on the mothership! :lol:

theoretically (dont take me too seriously as i have had a few drinks, friends birthday today) but surely, seeing as the maps on crysis connect to eachother (and are HUGE, and transition from one to the next are seamless with absolutely no loading times, provided on your system specs of course) somone could make a scale map of hillvalley that would work in the crysis engine, with future and past time zones working a different areas of the map.

i dont know whats hard coded into crysis though so dont take my query too seriously

theoretically, you could, though its not as seamless as you would think when loading another map, because you will notice it. Then, I'm pretty sure attributes don't transfer over from map to map.

But its probably more work then doing the gta version......though it'd still be awesome. I mean, it can do transformers.

:jawdrop: That was awesome. Although I can see that the textures aren't put in yet. Edited by Joe Statler

that was good, like REALLY good. But im sure they can do better. i mean hell the ps2 transofrmers game had better transformations than that and that was a freaking ps2 game (yes i know it was a downgraded 360 port, but still)

and it might not be seamless. im sure people could cope with the minor loading times when time travelling or entering a new area of the town. when i run crysis the onl time i ever have loading times (other tha loading a save that is ) is when i complete a chapter that takes me to a completely different area of the island. granted that is a professionally developed game though.. probably developed BY or with severe input from the engine designers themselves

Sign in to follow this