Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis BTTF Mod

Speaking of laptops, there are 3 things to check for better performance, whereas a desktop PC would have just 2. These are: software, hardware and the power consumption.

Laptops have 2 power plans: "high performance" and "power saver". The 1st plan would have the laptop work at its full potential while reducing the battery life to its minimum, while the 2nd plan would do the opposite, so in gaming it would be wise, obviously, to have it set to the 1st plan. In some laptops, there is a third power plan ("recommended") where both power consumption and performance are balanced, but I wouldn't 'recommend' it for gaming either.

I'm glad your laptop can run HL2. My first laptop is like Luikseer's PC -- games like HL lags like sh*t, let alone being able to run games like HL2.

This is my laptop:

Intel pentium dual cpu T3400 @ 2.16 ghz

4gb ram

Nvidia Geforce 9400m GS 512 vram

it used to run almost every game with decent fps, but now it doesn't even run far cry 1 >.< it has fps drops because of the temperatures it reaches. According to Speedfan, the cpu reaches 80C and the video card 100C =O

You're defiantly having a venting problem. Even after playing crysis for 4 hrs, my GPU never passes 75. My CPU never passes 53. Try getting a program that lets you change the fan speeds, and put them at 100%.

Edited by archer9234

speaking of which, thats one accuracy I don't think we have. The real time circuits were slightly tilted towards the driver.

You're defiantly having a venting problem. Even after playing crysis for 4 hrs, my GPU never passes 75. My CPU never passes 53. Try getting a program that lets you change the fan speeds, and put them at 100%.

Do you know any program?

Try SpeedFan

......I would but it doesnt detect any fan on my laptop

Maybe you should open up your laptop and clean out the fan.

Or vacume cleaner. Or you just suck it out but thats just nasty...

Speaking of laptops, I'm not sure what kind of cooling system mine has, but I am sure that almost all major parts of the laptop has its own vent or cooling system. That might explain, in addition to the hardware, why it only has a maximum of 2 hours of battery life. <_<

Wow , I found that :

00007q.jpg

00008j.jpg

00002h.jpg

00003e.jpg

Edited by Microman

you could look for an external battery for it (emergency charger) or even see if you can rig a solar cell to it to increase the battery life

Nah. I'm not gonna use the laptop for gaming or serious multimedia stuff anyway when it's not plugged in and/or set to the High Performance power plan.

http://vimeo.com/7316505

:mf_dribble:

The only thing that bothers me about their version of time travel is how the wormhole forms and how ice forms inside the DeLorean, but I do admit that their re-entry explosions are more accurate than our own. Can we have the same re-entry explosions in the SA mod in terms of size, or anything close to that?

Also, the fire trails look more realistic, than being simple straight, as it is in GTA mod

That was... rivalful, actually makes me want to switch to the dark side :P

makes me wish I had a computer good enough to play crysis. Although they still haven't gotten all the SoundFX in yet.

Edited by Joe Statler

Still, looks b**chin'. I think I will switch playing SA and Crysis.

Crysis makes me want to cry :cry2:.

I want to have a PC that can handle that game!

Seeing that there more often might appear videos from vimeo now, I'll add this to the embeddable videos ;).

Sign in to follow this