:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis BTTF Mod

That gives me an idea

Probably a bad one though. But either we can make cold DeLoreans that change to regular BTTF DeLoreans or have a particle cover the DeLorean.

it'll def not look as good as that. And since particles are 2d sprites, it won't look right unless we swap models, but thats more trouble then its worth.

*sigh* Limits of an inferior engine.

Swapping between models would cause the DeLorean to change angle or change direction and probably anything else sh*tty if it goes from frozen to non-frozen. NEVER a good idea.

Wow , it's amazing ... It's not possible to do the frozen DeLorean like that ? With the Alphas Textures or something like that ?

Anyway this model of the DeLorean is amazing too !

Edited by Microman

It's not possible to do the frozen DeLorean like that ? With the Alphas Textures or something like that ?

Would be a complete waste of a car slot in my opinion, the cold effects we have now are sufficient.

Thanks VC -___- ...

On-Topic :

I will try to have crysis but I don't know if my computer can run it X-D

I have to see :)

Crysis is a resource hog, so you need a powerful GPU and CPU, too, but it is possible to minimize its hog-ness by putting the video settings to low. I made Crysis work on my Intel 946GZ PC once (256 MB VRAM and 2 GB RAM), so why can't it work for anything else more powerful than 946GZ?

Wow, that totally kicks our graphics in the butt. I've been working on a mod for grand theft auto vice city with flying deloreans and trains that can time travel. Might be a step ahead in the coding department, but far behind in graphics, lol. Looking forward to seeing this being released.

This reminds me of the old console reviewing rule in the junior critics club where we are not allowed to make comparisons or the like between different console versions of the same game for the fact that OBVIOUSLY the older console has more limitations than the later one.

The same can be said in our case, so let us NOT make comparisons between this mod and our GTA BTTF mod. It's just graphics that's better in the Crysis mod. Anywhere else, ours is more superior. ;)

yep. Eye candy doesn't always = good game after all. If you're a flight sim fan, you'd know that from the comparisons made between Falcon and Lock On.

I know, lets compare our mod to BTTF on the NES :lol:

The "console reviewing rule" also applies there, too. :P

When it comes to graphics and gameplay, gameplay should always be given the most priority, but graphics that will come with the gameplay should fit the gameplay, so there are times when we have to use non-eye candy graphics to make the game overall good. In other words, I believe the kind of graphics we have in VC fits the gameplay the mod has.

And I'm not saying the eye candy DeLorean of the Crysis BTTF Mod doesn't fit with the gameplay. How it was designed made it not only fit for it but also made it look like game for a next-gen console.

I don't really touch this stuff ... But my CPU is a "DUO P7350" ... :unsure: :unsure:

An Intel Core 2 Duo P7350. So it's a laptop.

What's the clock speed (GHz/MHz) of your CPU, and what is your laptop's graphics chipset/card? This sounds like a Toshiba Satellite U505-S2940 laptop, or an HP DV3 perhaps.

A Toshiba Satellite U505-S2940 laptop has Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics (Pixel/Vertex Shader 4, dx10 support, hardware T&L support, 512 MB - 3 GB VRAM), the same GPU as mine, so it can run the game (at low settings). HP DV3, however, has GeForce 9300M graphics, so no doubt here as well, but this one would deliver better performance obviously.

what game is this?

it says it next to bttf mod?

oh how do i get it? is the game free?

Crysis is a first-person shooter Sci-Fi game so, unless you have a powerful PC and are interested in the genre, I wouldn't recommend you to waste money on it just for this mod.

Sign in to follow this